Me410 A-1: To The Finish! 11/7/10

Sorry to have been missing in action for so long, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do. Things are okay, just really busy. Thanks for your patience, kameraden! Let's get on with it, shall we, Fritzi?

Me410_177.jpg

Me410_178.jpg

Me410_179.jpg

Me410_180.jpg

Me410_181.jpg

Me410_182.jpg

Me410_183.jpg

Me410_184.jpg

Me410_185.jpg

Me410_186.jpg

Glad to see you're back at it Chuk. I love the idea of filling a hole with the plastic rod, something I never think to do when struggling to get the super-glue to do the super-impossible :monkeydance:

Great update!

Really getting on in the build now Chuk, but that Pfennig is always complainin bout sumthin....get him an order of Braunschweiger, that should keep his mouth closed for a while :monkeydance: , that or have Fritzi give him a massage.. :monkeydance: . BTW is Hannah on leave or sumthin, aint seen her for a while....

Edited by Angels49

Curse you Chuck!

Yes... "Curse you!"

I am a busy person, a professional. Time is money my good man and I think that is a fact you don’t appreciate. My days are filled from morning to night. If it’s not work, it’s the kids, the house, the car, friends, neighbors, flight school etc. etc. I scarcely work in an hour or so each week to work on my own kits.

Then you start building and posting. I’m sure you don’t even consider the amount of time I spend looking at what you do, making notes, planning my next build. I can justify this as productive time and do feel somewhat indebted to you for providing me with idea’s and instruction along with entertainment.

However, when you do not update on a regular basis, the effect is (what I believe to be), similar to that of a drug addict. The longer I go between fixes the more desperate I seem to get. Instead of checking every few days, I start checking every day, then 2-3 times a day !! you’re killing me here! I’m checking at work for God sakes. If my boss looks up the company internet access records I may get fired! …you don’t want that on your conscious do you?

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck… I exhausted from stress. I’m starting to watch other people’s builds just to get a little fix. It’s not the same though…

In my country it is customary to hang one’s self in the doorway of the person you are indebted to. In order to avoid the embarrassment of having a dead guy hanging in your doorway (difficult to explain to the neighbors, let alone the cops), please consider my well-being and post a G*D D*%M update before my stress level makes me do something drastic like, like… posting my own build narrated with MY art. (See sample attached). I have a model to build and Photo Shop, don't make me use them.

You don’t want that to happen, Chuck.

No one does.

Chuck.jpg

Edited by Miccara

That's, um, a really warm response- thanks! :cheers:

Thanks so much, my friends.

We've had a tough week- or dear bulldog Dynamite had to have some pretty serious surgery to have her infection-ravaged ear canals removed. Scary enough, but a bad drug reaction, breathing complications, runaway temperatures and additional surgery took us to the emergency vet late Friday. We got her there just in the nick of time, and she stayed there till this morning when we brought her home. She's doing okay but will need a lot of nursing and attention to get her back to her loving self. Here's a pic of her with shaved fur, stitches and drains- poor puppy! Send your good vibes our way- she can sure use 'em!

Dyna_01.jpg

I burned up a lot of nervous energy while waiting by attacking the plastic- I'll let the girls take it from here.

Me410_187.jpg

Me410_188.jpg

Me410_189.jpg

Me410_190.jpg

Me410_191.jpg

Me410_192.jpg

Me410_193.jpg

Awesome update and excellent work!

Prayers for your pup as well! I know how you feel, just this past week we also had to rush our dog to the emergency vet where he underwent surgery to remove a ruptured gal bladder. The doctor did quite a bit of removal of kit parts and had added some aftermarket accessories when they were complete. It has been a very tense week and I'm sure just as scary for you as it seems we both used modeling in order to help cope. Again, excellent work and prayers for your dog's speedy recovery!

SLICK

Thanks Chuk, for the update some of the followers were getting a little antsy, not seeing Hannah and Fritzi had them freakin out, me I was OK :thumbsup: , I just went back to past posts and errrr...welll....umm.......thanks for the update c'ya...BTW excellent work on da engine...ya know some of us are taking notes and reviewing weekly.

Ahhh....Got ME MY fix and so I am feeling good again... the brain is not glitching as I follow you chuk and Hannah and Fritzi{BTW where has the dear Frtizi gotten to?}..

The engine look good and I am still following your thread with delight and BIG smile on MY face... :D

[byt the way do you want to part with the Pfenning....I collect coins too........ :whistle: }

HOLMES :worship::worship:

Edit:in DROOLING OVER the model I completely forgot Dynamite...I sure hope he gets better and well soon and MY prayers that he heals quickly....,Deeply sorry Dynamite I forgot you... :(

Edited by HOLMES

Poor puppy indeed... She looks so tired :whistle: . I wish her and your family the very best on her recovery. We lost three of our 4 cats in the last 6 months and it's been hard over here, so it's good to hear about a positive outcome.

We moved 3 weeks ago and we are still in boxes, with some furniture still missing. I hope to make a return soon and I'm really looking to it.

Cheers!

-Al

Greetings from Finland chukw and the rest of the readers!

I'm not a modeller, just a regular aviation nut, but I started following your Helldiver thread with awe since it was linked to an Aces High WWII MMOG flightsim forum (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php). What can I say...it's creative individuals such as yourself chuck who still manage to restore my dwindling faith to mankind! :monkeydance: Simply awesome stuff!

The reason I registered was the DB603's plubing. You might have found what you're looking for already but I just wanted to make sure you've seen the DB603A's Handbook found here: http://www.germanluftwaffe.com/archiv/Doku...B%20603%20A.pdf. Check the pdf pages 73-80 for nice reference pics of the engine. The website (http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/)) that handbook is from has loads of good reference material regarding Luftwaffe equipment.

Looking forward for your next update chuck! :blink:

All the best,

Wmaker

Edited by Wmaker
Greetings from Finland chukw and the rest of the readers!

I'm not a modeller, just a regular aviation nut, but I started following your Helldiver thread with awe since it was linked to an Aces High WWII MMOG flightsim forum (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php). What can I say...it's creative individuals such as yourself chuck who still manage to restore my dwindling faith to mankind! :woot.gif: Simply awesome stuff!

The reason I registered was the DB603's plubing. You might have found what you're looking for already but I just wanted to make sure you've seen the DB603A's Handbook found here: http://www.germanluftwaffe.com/archiv/Doku...B%20603%20A.pdf. Check the pdf pages 73-80 for nice reference pics of the engine. The website (http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/)) that handbook is from has loads of good reference material regarding Luftwaffe equipment.

Looking forward for your next update chuck! :cheers:

All the best,

Wmaker

Awesome resource! Thanks for posting that!

Thanks, my friends- especially for your concern about my doggie! The good news is that she's doing fine and getting better every day- in fact, her stitches come out Wednesday morning. She's her happy little self and will only feel better without a constant double earache. Cheers!

Wmaker- you've really made my day with this wonderful info- it's exactly what what I needed. I'm glad you found us and hope you'll enjoy all the wonderful work that's posted by we painty-fingered plastic butchers! Here's to Finland- hurrah!

Fritz- what have you got for us today?

Me410_203.jpg

Me410_204.jpg

Me410_205.jpg

Me410_206.jpg

Me410_207.jpg

Me410_208.jpg

Me410_209.jpg