OOOHHHH

I like!

Remove the gun, add a sonar pod and some under wing torpedoes and sonar station inside the transport cabin =)

and i think that's my next project hehe

OOOHHHH

I like!

Remove the gun, add a sonar pod and some under wing torpedoes and sonar station inside the transport cabin =)

and i think that's my next project hehe

Glad you like it. Hope this is something like what you had in mind.

Helixhind-3-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maverick over on whatifmodelers did a couple of cool profile of AH-1 Cobras in French Army Aviation service. CLICKY for those who have an account and can see the pics. Think I'm going to model an AH-1W in the camouflage the Eurocopter Tigres sport.

So I thought why just take the decals and a couple of missiles from the Eurocopter Tiger kit when there's so much more to utilize? :thumbsup:

How about using the Tiger's four-bladed main and three-bladed tail-rotor instead of the Cobra's two-bladed rotors? Would that make any sense? Four shorter, thinner blades vs. 2 long wide ones? Would it improve performance?

Maybe use the 30mm GIAT instead of the 20mm M197?

How about using the Tiger's four-bladed main and three-bladed tail-rotor instead of the Cobra's two-bladed rotors? Would that make any sense? Four shorter, thinner blades vs. 2 long wide ones?

I have made a similar WHIF of the Revell -F kit. It has been done for a while, just waiting for paint and decals. I will get on that this weekend if I get the time.

Particulars of mine are a scratched rotorhead, folding, and some extra lumps and bumps. Changed out the nose sensors for a newer dome-shaped turret, and modified the gun by just using the barrels from the base kit and made it look sort of like the -W's covered gun.

My plan was to paint it up like a poor mans Navy bird, an upgraded -F model with a four bladed, folding rotor, new sensors, etc.......

I used some resin blades meant for the Trumpy USCG HH-65 kit.

I will try and remember to put a pic of it up later in the week.

Brandon

How about Japanese Mi-28 Havocs?

What if... Japan was divided after WWII like Germany was. After re-unification in the 1990s, the JGSDF inherited the Mi-28s delivered only shortly before the Soviet Union collapsed.

The camo colours are eye-balled - and therefore probably way too dark! The JGSDF (???) kanji on the tail boom were also eye-balled - from the fuzzy instructions of the Hasegawa 1/48 Apache.

Mi-28_JGSDF.png