F-15SE "Silent Eagle" revealed.

Another picture. Notice the Mat is not there or the blue lights. In the first picture, I posted there is that cord going no where since there is not a place to plug it in under the aircraft in this picture. Bottom of front tire disappeared into the concrete. There is also a mound made up under the main gear where the chucks are and the plane is not set level with the ground. Also a static line close to the main gear that goes into the floor. CFTs look real?

fside.jpg

fside2.jpg

psshhh... I don't think it'll work. F-15s are way too freakin' loud for those things ever to be silent in flight.

Well, if they strapped a couple of ninjas under the wings, then maybe, but until I see ninjas hanging on to dear life under the wings, or popping out of those fancy missile bays, then I don't think we'll have a Silent Eagle.

Link for Wayne.

I am married to a Witch, do not have to go far to find one :)

I just noticed on that head-on shot, the gun is gone. Was 0183 like that from the start? Was it done in one of its various test guises over the years? Or for the publicity mock-up?

If the Date is right on this picture is was covered at least back in 2006.

http://dlr.thexhunters.com/info/jefx_2006_06.jpg

Link for Wayne.

I just noticed on that head-on shot, the gun is gone. Was 0183 like that from the start? Was it done in one of its various test guises over the years? Or for the publicity mock-up?

Most of our test jets at Edwards had the gun removed, and test recorders were normally in that space. If not that then just ballast. My jet (87-0810) was "convertible" sometimes we did tests with the gun, sometime without-so all of the recorders in my plane had to be removable, depending on the test. With the guns removed there were fairings that were bolted over the holes left. Unless they have done something special for "stealth", the gun is probably just not installed.

As far as the photoshopping of the paint job, it looks like the paint was updated from when it was at Edwards, and they didn't do a very good mask job on the nose. The lines in front of the windscreen were where the yaw string was put during the spin tests in the mid '90s. The mat under the plane in the one shot is probably a soak up pad, because that is where the Utility and PC-2 hydraulic bays were, and Utility is notorious for leaking. If an F-15 is not leaking hydro fluid it means that it needs servicing.

183 has been the subject of photo retouching before, so it is not unbelievable if it has been photoshopped, but I just personally don't think that is the case in this instance. And I have been wrong before too.

JMC

JMC

So...

Is there an active conspiracy to photoshop pictures of a ground demonstration /concept aircraft to fool the public!? ZOMG this plane must seed the CHEMTRAILS and the ILLUMINATI!!

ZOMG Alex Jones must know of this!!

...Strike #1 has been at the factory for a while. I doubt severely that this is a shop job. Now..sure there may be some PS'ed elements, but I am very sure that the aircraft and the modifications are very real.

I just got my 1:48 Revell F-15E off ebay for this SE project. WOW! Revell really stepped up for this plane. The detail is crisp and extensive. Just looking at the sprues you would think it was a Hasegawa or Tamiya subject. We'll see how it fits together, but I'm quite happy with the first glance.

P@T

I just got my 1:48 Revell F-15E off ebay for this SE project. WOW! Revell really stepped up for this plane. The detail is crisp and extensive. Just looking at the sprues you would think it was a Hasegawa or Tamiya subject. We'll see how it fits together, but I'm quite happy with the first glance.

P@T

Welcome to the 1990s.

P@T

It will be interesting if you can get yours to look like that Silent Eagle. The internal carriage looks like it will be a challenge.

It will be interesting if you can get yours to look like that Silent Eagle. The internal carriage looks like it will be a challenge.

I'm not too worried about the conversion. I haven't been building planes for very long, but I've many years of experience in sci-fi doing conversions and complete scratch-builds. I think this one will look nice in JASDF markings.

The question is whether or not there will be enough interest in this thing to make a conversion kit viable, or if this will be a one-of.

P@T