Couple of Hot Rods

Thanks guy's.

Those 2 were built about 12 yrs ago,or somewhere there abouts :D The Miss Deal decals are clear with the white border so they will match any paint,if you remember they are from the old Altered Miss Deal Studabaker Funny Car by Revell. Both paint jobs were with Tamiya rattle cans.

Tony

Thanks guy's.

Those 2 were built about 12 yrs ago,or somewhere there abouts :thumbsup: The Miss Deal decals are clear with the white border so they will match any paint,if you remember they are from the old Altered Miss Deal Studabaker Funny Car by Revell. Both paint jobs were with Tamiya rattle cans.

Tony

really awesome work, Tony. Do you polish these finishes after you paint/clearcoat? I'd like to learn what auto guys do to produce those finishes.

really awesome work, Tony. Do you polish these finishes after you paint/clearcoat? I'd like to learn what auto guys do to produce those finishes.

Thanks

No I didn't polish these after painting and clear coating.Sometimes ya just get lucky :) If I can remember I think the Rod only has 1 coat of clear just to seal the flames. The Prowler on the other hand I believe has 3 coats. Both cars were painted with Tamiya rattle cans.

Hope this helps

Tony

Those are sweet Tony! Is that Prowler body resin or did you convert it to and Altered yourself?

The 34... is it AMT's?

#1 The Prowler body I modified from the Snap-Tite kit. Couldn't see trashing a nice kit just for the body :jaw-dropping: Took parts from 5 kits to create this one.

#2 The 34 is Revell's ZZ Top 34 with some heavy mods to it as you can see. All I used from the chassis was the frame rails,all else is scratch built. Parts from 6 different kits created this one :salute:

Glad you like them Frank

Tony

On another note... these are the only 2 I have left from my car building days.At one time I had 205 Muscle Car and Drag Cars on display on my shelves

Edited by TonyH

First you apply several thin coates of gloss enamel untill you cover the surface. When it´s dry rub it with a polishing compound wax lightly and then apply a coat of wet-look wax to make it shine, just like you do on a normal 1/1 scale car.

Other is to simply apply 5 coats of future and rub it with car wax and that should do it. Try it always first on a different surface to see wich technic fits you the most.