targeting pod in Hasegawa 1:48 F-16I

And THIS PAGE of the instructions tell you to buy the AN/AAQ-13 and -14 for the F-16I in the separate Weapons Set-D X48-8. :salute:

Like they couldn't have included it like on the Block40 issues.I thought the Sufa used LITENING anyway.

Stephen

Like they couldn't have included it like on the Block40 issues.I thought the Sufa used LITENING anyway.

Stephen

No F-16I use Lantirn/Nav pod set up. I don't believe IAF have Litening yet, from what i found out from researching my SUFA build i was gonna do with a crap load of resin.

Hey just to throw the dreaded 'K' word into this thread - is that Block 60 targeting pod going to be included in the Kinetic in due time. Why I am asking (other than to stir things up!) is that there is a piece on the clear sprue that looks alot like that found in the picture above.

I've never seen or heard of that pod - any further info?

Matt

probably their own version of the sniper/pantera pod? or maybe a downgraded version or variant since the block 60s house alot of electronics internally in the bumps that were previously found on hang on pods. its probably secret military hardware as i cant find anything about it on f-16.net

take a good close look at sprue yf guys.. all the little unused bumps and pieces.. looks to me to be found on the front fuselage areas of the block 60..

ok, we might stop speculating as it very clearly points towards a future release of the block 60 and a possible block 50/52 spineback with ecm blip tail version (equals chilean or polish or oman - the singapore and barak does not have tail ecm blips) c'mon now hasegawa, there's only that many spineback f-16s.. and they know their greek boxing failed to score well with modellers

Edited by Tomcat RIO
No F-16I use Lantirn/Nav pod set up. I don't believe IAF have Litening yet, from what i found out from researching my SUFA build i was gonna do with a crap load of resin.

Israel developed Litening pods in the first place. They use them on F-16Ds and Sufas

Israel developed the LITENING III pod. They replaced the LANTIRN setup. At one time, the LANTIRN was used on F-16C and D's. It's pretty much standard now on F-16C/D/I. Not too sure about the A/B's.