Hi guys,

Thought I join in on the fun here with the old Hasegawa 1/32 scale TA-4J.

I have always wanted to build this kit but never got around to it. Anyhow, here´s what I´ve done so far.

Since I don´t really like raised panelines I´ve sanded them down togehter with all the rivets, a tedious task but worth the effort I think. The plan is to replace the raised rivets with flushed ones where they can be seen on the real A/C.

Since I can´t affoard aftermarket products I´ll try to scratchbuild a new cockpit, wheelwells, liftdumpers etc..

I want to depict a Patuxent bird but can´t seem to find any decals, so either I´ll try to make them myself or come up with something else within the rules of this GB.

I´ll post pictures when I´ve made any real progress ( just left fuselage side done at this time).

happy modelling!

Ed

Hi Guys,

After a week of hard labour I finaly got some time to work on the Skyhawk. So far I´ve completed all the panelines, vents, insp hatches and a fraction of the rivets on the fuselage. I now got the crazy idea to stretch the fuselage skin in places( not the entire length of the fuselage) This is what I got so far:

The wing will get the same treatment. I´ve started here on the left upper wing( I sanded down the boundarylayer vortex generators- will use copper to simulate this later)

All for now.

Ed

Hmmm...Maybe I ain´t doing it right. How do I get the pictures up then?

09-04-07 Ok...So for some reason I can´t upload pictures? Well, I´ve started my vacation( 3 weeks) so now I can speed up things; Outer structure is now complete. This week I´ll try to fix the landingear, wheelwells.

Hopefully tonight my wife can fix the upload problem for me..

09-04-11. Ok..Now I know why I can´t post- All the pics are in RAW( too big) and we haven´t installed the program for it...Nothing has been done these last few days.

09-04-19. I still can´t post anything on this site. Tried again today and all I get is sorry no dynamic pages... well, she is completely riveted with MDC tool and the empennage is cutout and filled with evergreen, sanded smooth and reschibed. I´ve made the mainwheelwells and the front cockpit. tomorrow I start on the rearcockpit and nose wheelwell. She should be finished before the deadline....I hope!

Ed

Edited by Fenestron
  • 4 weeks later...

Because of a hacker attack a while back, you can't directly upload pictures to ARC. You'll have to use a photo-sharing service, like photobucket or flickr, and post your pictures that way, using IMG tags.

Hello,

Well, I tried to use my wife´s photobucket acc, but all I get is Dynamic bla bla or a 404 error, even when I post text it tends to take like five minutes before anything happens...?

Ed

Edited by Fenestron
Hello,

Well, I tried to use my wife´s photobucket acc, but all I get is Dynamic bla bla or a 404 error, even when I post text it tends to take like five minutes before anything happens...?

Ed

It sounds to me like your internet connection is just really slow. Maybe try it from a different computer?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that is awesome!!!!

I cant believe I missed this as I am doing the same to mine.....(on hold at the mo), but you are doing an amazing job. My TA-4K is nearly completely rescribed like this. What did you use to rivet it?

Cheers

Anthony........going back for another look!

Wow, that is awesome!!!!

I cant believe I missed this as I am doing the same to mine.....(on hold at the mo), but you are doing an amazing job. My TA-4K is nearly completely rescribed like this. What did you use to rivet it?

Cheers

Anthony........going back for another look!

Tony,

Well thank you! As you can see nothing much happening in my thread either- I work too much, but one should be glad to have a job to go to eh?!

I have enough kits to build all twinseater versions..So if you got piccies to share-I´d love to build a NZ too!!

I´m very basic really- I use Dymo tape, a lead pencil and instruments similar to MDC´s rivet puncher( I bought a 28 piece set some years back).

Happy modelling!

Ed

Edited by Fenestron