Hello Everyone,

Here's my entry for the GB: 1/144th Dragon SH-60F in NSAWC markings. Here's where I'm at so far:

DSCN2868.jpg

DSCN2869.jpg

This is my fifth Dragon H-60 kit and so far every kit has been consistent in the fact that they all need filler around the engines and some sanding around the canopy to fuselage area. I've also drilled out the transmission (?) housing, so that the rotor assembly more correctly sits on the model. I've also drilled out the exhaust a little bit.

DSCN2870.jpg

DSCN2871.jpg

I'll clean the sanding dust out of the rivets too. I just now noticed that.

Here are the markings I'll use:

10075377t3.jpg

Tomorrow I'll get the tan airbrushed on!

V/r,

John

Edited by John King

Thanks for the comments guys. Chris, I do use Bare Metal Foil to mask the canopy and clear parts. Here's an update for tonight. I've applied the brown. I still need to touch up some areas, but hopefully I'll get some Future on it tomorrow!

DSCN2874.jpg

DSCN2875.jpg

:worship:

John

Decals are on! :yahoo:

DSCN2876.jpg

DSCN2877.jpg

Unfortunately the colors of the decals are not even close to the colors I used <_< I might try to touch up the decals. We'll just have to see...Any suggestions/thoughts?

John

The camouflage looks great! Shame the colours don't quite match the decals. I don't know how realistic it would be, but maybe you could try fading the colours by very lightly spraying a few really thin cotes of white (or something pale) over the top. This might help to tie the colours together. Then maybe put some grubby washes over that.

Chris