MiG-29AS Fulcrum Slovak AF Digi-Camo!

Hi all!

Here it is, finally, after weeks of painting! I had this model built, painted and 'decaled' last year in Russian markings, but, while working on another model a couple of months back I stumbled upon some pictures of this plane and that was it, I had to make this scheme. So, I striped all the paint of it and started to paint it in this digi-camo scheme.

After days and days of cutting Tamiya tape for masking and painting all I had left to paint were the rudders, and let me tell you, they were a pain in the butt to paint. I striped the paint twice 'cause it wasn't right, but eventually I managed to finish it, well, 99% at least, as you will notice, the pitot tube is missing. I lost it, thought about scratch building one, but I just ordered a resin one last night... I'm also working on a Su-30 and at the moment I'm sick of scratch building. Some stuff had to be scratch build though, the antennas in front of pit, the one behind the pit, on the engines trunks, the flap actuators and well, you'll see the rest.

So, here it is...

DSCN4091_zps6c3f415e.jpg

DSCN4088_zps5fc6cd35.jpg

DSCN4089_zpsec402a4e.jpg

DSCN4093_zpsf9ce1232.jpg

DSCN4094_zpsf8ed65fa.jpg

DSCN4095_zpse6b4ffaf.jpg

DSCN4092_zps35877bfc.jpg

DSCN4097_zps24c8622f.jpg

DSCN4098_zps9b1a7661.jpg

DSCN4100_zps89567b5c.jpg

DSCN4102_zps640c4be3.jpg

DSCN4103_zps712e3168.jpg

DSCN4116_zps9ff091c0.jpg

DSCN4130_zps6b0771f7.jpg

DSCN4124_zps36989eed.jpg

DSCN4007_zps38b0341e.jpg

DSCN4125_zpsf0004ab2.jpg

DSCN4123_zps90f7b569.jpg

DSCN4127_zps40adfeac.jpg

Thanks for lookin"!

Cheers

Emil

Edited by Hawkins
Photos no longer available

WOW!!!

Just WOW!

That's an eye catching great digital camo Fulcrum!

Your work is the first Slovakia digital camo MiG-29 finished model I've seen.

Also maybe the best!

Congratulations!

Yufei

Awesome paintwork Emil! :cheers:

The digital tailart really stands out...:coolio:

=Awan

thanks Anthony!

I love that tail, also I hate it.. After failing two times to get it right I almost wanted to take the easy way out and do it like the rest of the plane. Glad I didn't.

Cheers

Emil

Ummmm, did you paint that? You have lots of patience! It looks awesome.

Trust me, not once, it was close to fly out the window.........

Thanks

Emil

WOW!!!

Just WOW!

That's an eye catching great digital camo Fulcrum!

Your work is the first Slovakia digital camo MiG-29 finished model I've seen.

Also maybe the best!

Congratulations!

Yufei

Thank you, Yufei! This camo scheme is really cool, that why I abandoned the project I was working on to do this one.

Your comment is flattering, but it'll be the best until another one shows of on the block... :cheers:

Thanks again

Emil

Very nice!

Thank you, Kap64!

I too saw this in pictures. I never knew i'll be able to see it built. Your patience and perseverance paid off. Good job!

Eric

Much appreciated, Eric! Guess it was mostly perseverance, because at moments I kinnda lost my patience

Excellent job on the camo!

Thanks, Sebastijan!

Excellent cammo! Amazing work on burners too.

The burners were the favorite area of work, on this model. I'm happy with the way burner cans came out, too.

Thanks

Any dictionary should have a pic of this build under the definition for "awesome"! :salute:

Thanks, Akula! I guess, as a modeler you want people to look at your models this way.

;)

Emil

The paintjob is fantastic...and the tail...woow....awessome!!!!!

Cheers

:salute:

Thanks for your kind comment, Jack! Hey, still waiting some progress pics on your Hornet!

:)

Emil

Thanks for your kind comment, Jack! Hey, still waiting some progress pics on your Hornet!

;)

Emil

Ehm....what hornet?!? :salute:

I mean...there's no hornet....LOL

I know I know but after having primed it and discovering that the windscreen was still having fit issues and that also the fuselage was having STILLLL issues I put it aside before crushing it into the wall!!!

I'll pick it up someday...but only after the viper....have you seen it?!?

Cheers

Ehm....what hornet?!? :salute:

I mean...there's no hornet....LOL

I know I know but after having primed it and discovering that the windscreen was still having fit issues and that also the fuselage was having STILLLL issues I put it aside before crushing it into the wall!!!

I'll pick it up someday...but only after the viper....have you seen it?!?

Cheers

I know how that feels... I tried to look at your Viper but couldn't see the pictures. I'll check again.

Emil

Whoa-fricking-ha! B)

Definitely one of the best masking jobs i have ever seen! I have no words explaining your patience.

And please, make an in progress build of your Su-30. ;)

You've done a helluva job there, Emil!

Many thanks, Janman

:woot.gif:

Whoa-fricking-ha! :thumbsup:

Definitely one of the best masking jobs i have ever seen! I have no words explaining your patience.

And please, make an in progress build of your Su-30. :P

Much obliged, Berkut for your kind comment.

Unfortunately, the Su-30 was the model I was working on and put aside when I found the pictures of this digi-camo, and it's almost finished now. Stay tuned for the pictures will be soon enough here. Anyway, if I'll build another one(it was one of the most enjoyable builds I did!!!!) I will make a WIP thread.

amazing job!! :wub: :wub:

Always nice to receive appreciative comments, D_IcarUS.

Thank you!

Cheers

Emil

I came across this Slovak Fulcrum in Air Forces Monthly some months back and i wondered who is going to be the first modeler to pull it off...well done Hawkins! Superb paint job and tons of patience!

Edited by Sebastian L
I came across this Slovak Fulcrum in Air Forces Monthly some months back and i wondered who is going to be the first modeler to pull it off...well done Hawkins! Super paint job and tons of patience!

Every once in a while you stumble upon a camo scheme, or some fancy tail art etc, and you have to do it! That's what happened when I saw this one. At the beginning it was fun, and addictive, I could say, but close to finish I hated it but forced myself to complete it.

Thanks for kind words, Sebastian

Emil

:rofl: Awesome build! Making digital camo like that is a real exploit! Very nice pain work, really stunning and deft paint work on the nozzles.Very nice weathering!

Happy modeling!

Alexander.

:wave: