Current USAF-helicopters: 3-tone-camo or AF-grey?

I´d like to know if there are any regulations or rules on the painting of the current USAF-helicopters. I thought all 3-tone-camoflage had been replaced with the Air Force grey, but obviously at least a couple of HH-60s wear the 3-tone-camo.

Here you can see both schemes:

hh-60.jpg

Background of my question is: I want to build a WhIf HH-71 (EH-101 Merlin as CSAR-X competitor), and while the current USAF-scheme for HH-60s SEEMS to be AF-grey, the HH-71 is shown with the 3-tone-camo on some pages and AF-grey at others.

img20090121032737697.gif

img-GUNS.jpg

(Check out the changed design for the side-door and the engine exhausts!)

HAJO

Currently all AF Helos are overall gunship grey(FS36118), so it's legit to assume, that if the Merlin had been chosen it would have had the same one tone color.

But then again, being a "what-if" scheme, the older three color Euro I scheme is fine, too.

Well, I think I´ll kep the AF-grey, since I have a MH-53, a HH-60, a HH-47 (CSAR-X) all in AF-grey.

Am I right that so far there has been no decision made about the CSAR-X?

HAJO

We currently have two USAF UH-1N helos parked on the ramp where I work, one is 3 tone green/gray, the other is 3 tone green/gray/tan. The green/gray just came out of paint and the other is coming in for paint and will be painted green/gray/tan again.

We currently have two USAF UH-1N helos parked on the ramp where I work, one is 3 tone green/gray, the other is 3 tone green/gray/tan. The green/gray just came out of paint and the other is coming in for paint and will be painted green/gray/tan again.

And the pics are ?????

Not allowed, with threat of being fired... There is a loophole however. When they are not in flight status, they are parked on the other side of the fence about 20 feet away on the Marine Corp side of the fence and Marine Corp people are more able to take flightline pictures where the depot people like me cannot, hint for any service guys at Cherry Point...