Am just wondering whether the USMC has started using the GBU-32 on its Harrier and carrier-borne Hornet fleet?

I have a pair of bombs from the Academy F-22 and think that with the ablative coating they'd look good on either the Harrier or the Hornet. Was just wondering if these weapons are actually in use on these two aircraft, as I have yet to see pictures of this weapon loaded on either, and also on what stores stations they are likely to be carried.

Thanks!

:deadhorse1:

Am just wondering whether the USMC has started using the GBU-32 on its Harrier and carrier-borne Hornet fleet?

I have a pair of bombs from the Academy F-22 and think that with the ablative coating they'd look good on either the Harrier or the Hornet. Was just wondering if these weapons are actually in use on these two aircraft, as I have yet to see pictures of this weapon loaded on either, and also on what stores stations they are likely to be carried.

Thanks!

:jaw-dropping:

GBU-32 was quite frequently carried on Hornets during the early days of OIF/OEF. There are quite a few pictures of Hornets carrying them on www.navy.mil - just search for F/A-18 and look in the 2003 time frame. They are typically carried on stations 2, 7, and 8 (most of the time only one.)