Kitchen baking foil adhesive?

I'm currently building a couple of Tamiya's excellent 1/12 sports bikes, they both have exhaust cans that are aluminium in real life and as the parts are nothing more than cylinders with no compound curves, so it seems like a good idea to use the Wifey's kitchen foil and have the seam on the inside part of the Motorcycle as it is in the real thing, I'd use the dull not too shiny side of the foil as this would be more accurate I feel.

Never having used foil on a model before I'm not sure what kind of adhesive to use?

Any idea's Guys?

MicroScale makes an adhesive especially for that purpose, Sir, and I have never had any problem with using it.

One tip: if you want the duller side of the foil to be exposed, you will need to rough up the shiny side a bit for any adhesive to adhere to it well. Get something hard and flat, tape your foil to it, shiny side up, and go over it for a minute or two with fine steel wool. Then apply the adhesive.

MicroScale makes an adhesive especially for that purpose, Sir, and I have never had any problem with using it.

One tip: if you want the duller side of the foil to be exposed, you will need to rough up the shiny side a bit for any adhesive to adhere to it well. Get something hard and flat, tape your foil to it, shiny side up, and go over it for a minute or two with fine steel wool. Then apply the adhesive.

Well, thank you kindly dear Night, may your flagon of Ale never diminish.

Much appreciated.

You can also use Mona Lisa gold leaf adhesive, Michaels carries it if you have one near you. I have always used Bare Metal Foil, but recently used this adhesive and Reynolds wrap which worked pretty well for chrome trim on a car.

You can also use Mona Lisa gold leaf adhesive, Michaels carries it if you have one near you. I have always used Bare Metal Foil, but recently used this adhesive and Reynolds wrap which worked pretty well for chrome trim on a car.

ive never used bare metal foil....but have used mona lisa gold leaf adhesive on 4 models now with great results. thatd be my route. cheaper than BMF anyway, in my opinion. but whatever way you go, use patience.