Use this thread to tell us what you are going to build. Please include the following info if you can:

Kit and Scale

Specific subject of the build/markings

any aftermarket

photos of the kit, aftermarket, markings, and original 1:1 subject.

Thanks and happy modeling!

In like (don) Flynn ;) Since I got boned on my PACAIR2 builds I'm hitting this one with a vengence. So far for this one the plans are:

(all 1/48, OOB)

Hobby Boss F4F-3 Early (raffle prize, courtesy of Mike Grant); Scheme to be determined but it will be a wartime -3 without the telescopic sight. Probably a -3A.

Hobby Boss F4F-3 "Late" (2 each); One will be Butch O'Hare's, the other will likely be a Coral Sea plane.

Ken

Edited by WymanV

Hi all. I'm looking to do the Tamiya 1/48 F4F-4 built in Operation Torch markings. To be honest I've already done some work on this one, mainly trying to figure out the bronze green cockpit color. I've ordered the WEM Colorcoats paints but haven't got them yet. I went ahead and painted the cockpit pieces with a small bottle of Polyscale bronze green from a cockpit color set they put out several years ago. Not quite right but pretty close I think. Originally thought I'd use Eduard color PE for the instrument panel but now think I'll paint it and punch out decals from a cockpit instrument set I have. If I can figure out how I'll try to post some pictures. Also just got the Yellow Wings decals for the Operation Torch national markings in the mail today, they look great. Now I just need to figure out what size to use in each position.

Thanks, Steve.

I have a few models I want to build. All 1/48 and at the moment all OOB...maybe.

-Accurate Miniatures TBM Avenger (George Bush)

-Accurate Miniatures SBD Dauntless (Battle of Midway)

-Accurate Miniatures SB2U Vindicator (Possibly Ranger Air Group or Battle of Midway)

I also have a 1/48 Corsair but I can't remember who makes it...something off brand or whatever.

SLICK

Have to clear four models up first - so a little later, eh? - but would like to build this:

DSC_0025.jpg

Hasegawa F6F in 1/48th, Obscureco cowl, Eduard etch, Aeromaster decals. Have (theoretically) True Details wheels and some Obscureco propellers coming.

Would like to model 'Minsi III', probably a very hackneyed bird to experienced types in this field, but it looks pretty and the interview in the Kinzey with David McCampbell is...impressive :monkeydance:

Now back to the egg planes...

I'm going to wade in with a recently purchased Hasegawa F4F-3 "yellow wing". This is the kit with excellent Aeromaster decals but not going to use then, insead using the kit as is (actually moulded as a GM FM-1) I'm going to build either FM-1 USN with 3 tone or FAA Martlet V SEA markings. The latter using decals from an old Revell F6F for insignia.

Should be a nice quick build as I feel I've done lots of "fuss" over my recent projects. Needs a shake 'n' bake. :crying2:

I'll be in with a 1/72 Revell of Germany Fairey Fulmar. OOB build with the included FAA decals.

Edit, RoG not Airfix.

Edited by Aaronw

Hi there,

I'll join this GB in a month or so as for the time being I have to clear my desk. I would like to build some of the FAA stuff in 1/72 scale like Firefly, Martlet, Corsair, Tarpoon ... not yet decided :deadhorse1: Moreover, due soon is new 1/72 Skua from MPM, so mabe this one...

Bye for now,

Libor

• 2 weeks later...

Kit and Scale: AM 1/48 SBD-5 Dauntless. Tarawa November 16, 1943

Specific subject of the build/markings: OOTB

any aftermarket: None

I was really inspired to build this kit after watching Battle 360 on the History Channel. I also have the 1/32 Trumpeter SBD-3 kit, so this will be a bit of a protoype build in 1/48th before doing the big 1/32 kit.

I'll be using the Detail and Scale book as refrence.

Edited by toadwbg

I'm in with a with an Eduard Hellcat F6F-3

This will be my first "blue" plane.

It will probably be OOB, I might try to source some new wheels since that seems to be the major compaint

Rob

Edited by grobber

I'm back after more months..........but job is job...........

Ok I also enter in this GB with an: SB2-C4 Helldiver "White 79" VB-85 USS Shangri-La (June 1945)

Kit : 1/72 Academy

Eduard Cockpit photo-etched

See you later !!!!

Ettore

Edited by Ettore

Hi!

I must confess I'm a bit confused! The reason is that I have the old Revell F4F-4 Martlet Mk V that can be built either as a Wildcat or a Martlet. At least if you just follow the instructions. I'm sure there are several flaws that I'm not aware of. :lol: Anyway I started building the kit a while ago with the intention to build the Martlet version. Does the Martlet fit within the rules of this GB? If not I like to join with my Tamiya 1/48 F4F-4 Wildcat!

Cheers,

Azgaron

I must confess I'm a bit confused! The reason is that I have the old Revell F4F-4 Martlet Mk V that can be built either as a Wildcat or a Martlet. At least if you just follow the instructions. I'm sure there are several flaws that I'm not aware of. :worship: Anyway I started building the kit a while ago with the intention to build the Martlet version. Does the Martlet fit within the rules of this GB? If not I like to join with my Tamiya 1/48 F4F-4 Wildcat!

I thought you'd pretty much finished the Martlet? Go Wildcat Azgaron, you know it makes sense :cheers: