There's No Business Like Show Business

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my first of a few. Hobbycraft 1/48 scale Tutor in 431 squadron Snowbirds (2008) markings.

IMGP9043.jpg

Model add ons are limited to a pilot from a Hasegawa F-4 and Belcher bits decals.

IMGP9046.jpg

IMGP9050.jpg

Here is another one. (I had a couple days off) Out of the box. Early addition raised panel lines J with Hasegawa Blue Angels decals from another box.

No photo etch, no landing gear, no weathering, one coat of paint.

IMGP9060.jpg

Easiest build I have had in a long time.

IMGP9064.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!! I can not be the only one building things!!!!

OK, number 3. Again, nothing thats not out of the box, with the exception of a pilot from the Phantom kit. No landing gear, the doors closed nice without any putty. Again just one coat of paint. A very simple build.IMGP9077.jpg

And the Hornet is coming along.

IMGP9076.jpg

And we be done. Fourth and last. Another Out of box, but this time with Superscale decals. One coat of paint. No landing gear. Nice and simple.

IMGP9101.jpg

IMGP9102.jpg

Here is a shot of the 4 planes all together. For those of you who think the USN has been flying the Hornet for too long..........

The Snowbirds have been flying the Tutor during the service of ALL 3 USN planes shown here.

IMGP9113.jpg

IMGP9111.jpg

Here is a shot of the 4 planes all together. For those of you who think the USN has been flying the Hornet for too long..........

The Snowbirds have been flying the Tutor during the service of ALL 3 USN planes shown here.

Lovely group - thanks for lighting up the build with them. That's what I was after - lots of colour!

Edited by thom
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished (except for the ADF fairing I am awaiting), my one and only entry unfortunately.

This is the 1/48 Classic Airframes F.8 Meteor (OOB except decals and eventual fairing which are from Red Roo Models in Australia). This model represents RAAF Meteor A77-870 (ex RAF WK748). This aircraft was received by 91 Wing (RAAF) in Japan on 20/1/53. No. 91 Wing maintained the Meteors and 'loaned' them to 77 Squadron for operations in Korea. in November 1954 the a/c was shipped back to Australia aboard HMAS Vengeance and received @ 2 Aircraft Depot (Richmond NSW) 10/12/54 where it was re-assembled and air tested. It was held in storage until transferred to 78 Wing 15/10/55 where it was operated by 75 Squadron as part of the 'Meteorites' the RAAF's first official aerobatic team. In December 1957 it was converted to an instructional airframe and stored until 17/10/1972 when it was shipped to the RAAF Museum at Point Cook, Victoria (the oldest continually serving air force base in the world) and restored back to its 'Meteorites' markings still carrying the name of its pilot, Flight Sergeant O.R.F. Bartrop.

I hope you like it.

Regards

Andrew :(

DSC03002.jpg

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

DSC03003.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03011.jpg

Edited by Andrew Doppel
  • 4 weeks later...

Now finished up. I noticed some differences between the HB kit and some photos but have since found out HB did their research from an aircraft in the JSDF museum. Still looks good though.

BIFinLeft.jpg

BIFinRight.jpg

BIFinTop.jpg

BIFinBot.jpg

A nice easy build. One word of warning to anyone doing this kit, its a tailsitter. Put some weight in beofre you close it up. I was going to have an open intake but its full of load wire hence the intake blank. Now it only just sits properly.

Julien

A nice easy build. One word of warning to anyone doing this kit, its a tailsitter. Put some weight in beofre you close it up. I was going to have an open intake but its full of load wire hence the intake blank. Now it only just sits properly.

Julien

yep...I encountered that also, which is why I also have the intake and engine blank installed.

Sean

Here is my Bearcat blue angels #2

p1010633m.jpg

p1010639.jpg

Neo

Question: I have a bearcat "in build" as a blue angels aircraft. I have seen various opinions regarding the color of the markings - yellow or gold. I have decals in both so which to use?

Derek

Edited by Julien (UK)
Question: I have a bearcat "in build" as a blue angels aircraft. I have seen various opinions regarding the color of the markings - yellow or gold. I have decals in both so which to use?

Derek

Check out this pic;

bluean2.jpg

Found at http://www.grummanpark.org/blueangels.htm, picture title says The Blue Angels taking delivery of their new aircraft in Bethpage, 1946. That looks yellow not gold to me. Now hellcats I am sure had gold titles.

Julien

I have a hole book on the Blue angels with complete history and the lettering is yellow same as on my model !

The only one that had gold lettering was the hellcats.

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo
  • 3 weeks later...