There's No Business Like Show Business

Well I finally got this one done, if a little late.

This is the Royal Austrailian Airforce CAC (Commonwealth aircraft Corporation) Sabre, also known as the Avon Sabre due to its powerplant. This aircraft is from the Red Diamonds Aerobatic Display Team.

This is the Tasman fuselarge with all the other bits from the fujimi F-86-F-30 Sabre. A bit of a dog to get done, but worth it for the end result. Paint is humbrol 191 chrome silver, thanks to Andrew Doppel for the tip! (Real aircraft were silver laquer). Decals from Model Alliance.

RedDFinLeft.jpg

RedDFinRight.jpg

RedDFinTop.jpg

Julien

• 3 weeks later...

ALL DONE Finally i little late but what the heck! :)

I put some BMF on the leading edges but i did not do the intakes

p1010746z.jpg

p1010745f.jpg

p1010754w.jpg

p1010759.jpg

p1010747r.jpg

p1010759.jpg

p1010750n.jpg

p1010755p.jpg

p1010748o.jpg

Shes joining the ranks with the others. (girlfriend(that did the banner) say its starting to get crowded there and wont let me spread out..... :soapbox: )

p10107621.jpg

I really enjoyed this build it was my first time with after market decals and i have to say they where really nice. The OBB academy decal supplied all the warnings,no step etc

Comment are really welcomed

Cheers

Neo

• 2 months later...

Finished too late for the group build - 1/48 ProModeller A-4E/F Skyhawk built mostly out-of-box. The Blue Angels decals are from Victory Productions. In fact, all the yellow markings are the Victory Production decals. The "painted" silver leading leading edges on the tail are from the Yellowhammer Blue Angels set. The shiny metal surfaces are Alclad Polished Aluminum and Chrome. The blue is a custom-mix of Model Master enamel. I handbrushed Future to seal the decals and provide the shiny finish.

LeftOverall.jpg

RightRearOverall.jpg

I used a MV lens for the landing light. First time using it and I really like the look.

MVLandingLens.jpg

The seat is from Cutting Edge and mirrors came from a left PE fret. The ladder housing came from the Hasegawa TA-4.

Cockpit-1.jpg

I know I made a bunch of errors -

- the angle of the "2" on the tail should be level as if in-flight

- the pitot tube on the nose should be further aft

- the back cockpit wall should be black from the sills up

...and I didn't make some corrections -

- the "arrow" on the nose gear door should be moved back about 5/8" so that the sides meet

- the intakes should be Super-Fox/A-4M intakes

- the padding should be inside the canopy

- the tube in the tail for smoke was omitted

...but at least I finally finished it.

LeftFrontLowAngle.jpg

That looks good John.

I would not have spotted the errors if you had not pointed them out.

I was wondering about the intakes for mine, but it is so hard to find the right intakes I will just go with the kit ones.

Well done

Julien