There's No Business Like Show Business

Here are my 1/144 Blue Angels F-18, Thunderbirds F-16 and Patrouille de France Alpha jet kits, check out my build thread to enjoy the whole saga!

And Mike, thanks for the kind words on Izzys kit, she is still chuffed that people can see and like her plane from America!

008-9.jpg

009-6-1-1.jpg

016-6.jpg

017-4.jpg

018-6.jpg

019-4.jpg

012-7.jpg

013-5.jpg

Sorry for adding more than 5 pics :salute:

1/48 Czech Model Yak-15

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

A couple of sculptors where I work had some small pieces of marble that I sanded into a abstract x-section of an airfoil. Not just any marble, but the real deal all the way from the Apenines...Carara...simply wonderful stuff.

Edited by nickdanger

Here is my 5th and last. A Canadair Mk6 (should have been a 5) Sabre. Leading Edge decals to make one of the 5 Skylancers which flew in Europe in 1956. This is the airframe flown by F/O FK Axtell which suffered a fatal crash along with 3 other team members practicing for a upcoming air-show outside Strassbourg back in March 1956.

IMGP9495.jpg

IMGP9492.jpg

Hi guys. Just finished. My second contribution to this GB. 1/32 Kinetic F-86F Sabre converted to CAC Mk.32 Sabre of the RAAF's 75 Squadron 'Black Diamonds' Aerobatic Team with Southern Sky Model decals. Painted with Humbrol 191 Chrome Silver, Model Master black and white and Dullcoted.

Unfortunately I'm not going to get my 'Telstars' RAAF Vampire done in time so this will be my last contribution to this GB. There are some great builds here guys and you should all be truely proud of your contributions. Thanks to Julien for moderating.

Regards

Andrew

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03219.jpg

DSC03220.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

DSC03222.jpg

FINISHED

all done in this bright color she really stands out parked with my 3 other blue angels!!

Im kinda disapointed of the paint job especially the canopy but its kinda my fault... i applied liquid masking to my canopy before installing in and since this is a revell kit all the fighting to glue it into place damaged the liquid mask and i neglected to redo it before painting. :doh:

As usual this model was had painted with Humbrol paints

p1010693.jpg

p1010696.jpg

p1010698r.jpg

p1010699p.jpg

Note: My BA A4 is under maintenance so it does not appear on this pic

p1010709e.jpg

Big thanks to Derek Moss for giving me the Jap decals use on my SNJ it made all the difference!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

This is Neo signing off on this build :D

Edited by Neo
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally done!!

Belgium F-16A FA-67 ‘White Falcon’ Demo 1998

1/72 Hasegawa F-16A plus

Eduard PE set 73235

Paula Models ACES II seats

Daco products decals

Reference: Dressed to Kill – One-off Air Force Color Schemes by Mark Attrill (got 3 beautiful color pics of this bird)

Colored by Mr. Hobby white

Top coat by several coats of Mr Hobby super clear Semi-gloss clear coat.

Finishing touches with a light oil wash and dry brushed the cockpit area.

I especially liked the photo etch set, really added a lot of detail to the 20+ year old Hasegawa kit.

Hope you like it.

Regards,

Chris

Belgium-F16-finished-5.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-6.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-4.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-1.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-3.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-7.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-2.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-10.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-8.jpg

Belgium-F16-finished-9.jpg

Sean and Shawn..

Nice to see some Canadian Birds here...BEST YET!!

Izzy Thunderbirds are ALSO one of Favorites and yoy did great there..well done young Missy! :yahoo:

To everyone else THERE ARE SOME OUSTANDING builds here....

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!! :salute::yahoo:

edit;typing mistakes...

Edited by HOLMES

Here are two of the four "Frecce Tricolori" that I set out to build. Neither of the other two will be ready by the end of the build (tomorrow) but the Gina is close (missing the U/C doors). I will try to post some more photos over the weekend if there is still place to put them.

F-86IIcomplete.jpg

F-86Icomplete.jpg

The second plane is dark blue not black believe me. The picture is dark as the flash on my camera is on the blink and I had to take the photo at night!

Here is my entry... I have learned a valuable lesson on my first closed canopy model since I started this hobby up again: Don't glue them until after you've finished painting.

Other than that, I'm mostly happy with this one - it was a fun build on an old kit that was cheap and perfectly commensurate with my skill!

Also, two bonus picks - can anyone ID the helicopter that I snapped from my balcony?

005-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

009.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

Ok, so we've got all these hot airshow birds, and nothing to haul around the spare parts in? What kind of an airshow is this gonna be when y'all break something???? :doh:

Ah just kiddin', I've got ya covered on that:

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0547.jpg

DSCF0550.jpg

DSCF0551.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

DSCF0558.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

Gettin' done just barely on time...

This one's complete now. The colors were a real challenge. I can't stand gloss white to begin with. The pictures don't really show off the finish that well. On to the pics. Well done everyone, really enjoyed seeing everyones finished builds. Very nice examples in this group build. I'd like to thank the mod and ARC for having this build.

100_1296.jpg

100_1297.jpg

100_1292.jpg

100_1293.jpg

And last one....

100_1285.jpg

:worship:

Edited by CCAMXS