Please post pictures of real aircraft or previous builds which have inspired you to enter this GB,

Here are a couple of mine;

US Army Silver Eagles Team (Early Scheme)

Fixed1.jpg

Silver Eagles Late Scheme

NewScheme.jpg

Julien

My pic is in the banner \/

I actually got to help the team once, they were coming to Cold Lake and someone (??) told them of my hobby as a modeller. One of the team members, Rich Lancaster, asked me if I could paint their logo ( the little white stylized jets ) on the visor cover of an older jet helmet. I agreed and asked what it was for; they were going to present the helmet to a young man in the area (Cold Lake) who was mentally challenged and a huge Snowbird fan. So needless to say I was absolutely thrilled to be able to assist the team in this venture!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dassault Mystere IVA, Revell 1/72

31.jpg

TS-11 Iskra, MasterCraft 1/72

235.jpg

F-16A, MasterCraft 1/72

360.jpg

F-16A, Revell 1/72

583.jpg

Rafale B, Italeri 1/72

494.jpg

YF-16, Design (Academy/Hasegawa) 1/72

558.jpg

F-16A, Matchbox 1/72

231.jpg

Neo: Those decals may be out of production now. I seem to recall looking for them about a year ago and not finding them at the time. From the reviews they have a few issues around the wing flap areas (something about too much decals is supplied and you have to line up multiple chunks perfectly, or something).

Rev: I've eyed that Mystere kit before lovingly, and I'm curious if those are the decals or if you painted the colors on. I'm also QUITE impressed with your TS-11!!! I've never seen that plane before, but just looking at that pic, well done! I think I must get one for my collection some day.

Here's some of mine and one of my son's.

Regards

Andrew

DSC02644.jpg

Special 25th Anniversary scheme Macchi with display Hawk from the first attending of the Avalon International Airshow here in Melbourne, Australia.

DSC02405.jpg

The Roulettes Aerobatic Team from about 1984 still flying Macchi 326Hs

DSC01742.jpg

Chris' Red Arrows Hawk circa 2000, and finally

DSC01722.jpg

Another Avalon Airshow display bird, the 60th Anniversary 77 Sqn RAAF F/A-18 Hornet.

Edited by Andrew Doppel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgot about this GB. Here's a couple images from the last set of Thunderchickens jets I did in late 2006. This was a commission build using the 1/144 Minicraft set (don't use it as the jet are block 5-10 birds with short stabs and the red for the decals is too maroon, I had to use Testors British Crimson to match the shade in the spots the decals did not cover). It turned out pretty nice though and if I manage to get ahold of five Dragon Thunderbirds F-16As with the proper red shades on the decals, I would love to try this again.

Tb1.jpg

Tb2.jpg

Edited by Jay Chladek