Seeking advice on clear coats

I've been told time and time again that Omni-Clear is one of the best clear coat for any modeling purpose that would require it. Also I've heard that another good one is Future Floor wax(now known as Pledge future shine). Has anyone used either of these and can give any insights as to their strengths and weaknesses?

You can probably get shed-loads of advice on Future if you search the threads, but here's some basics:

* It can be used neat - it's as thin as water - for airbrushing or hairy-brushing.

* One coat is effectively satin; two coats is gloss; and three coats is high-gloss.

* It can, apparently, be used as a low-strength glue, though I've not tried it, and can be used to protect brittle decals by spraying on a thin coat.

* It's brilliant at adding lustre to clear parts.

* If applying it by brush, beware of two things: it will run a little, especially on a polished surface; and it foams surprisingly easily, so watch for bubbles and smooth them out before it dries.

* It's touch-dry in under half an hour and can be safely re-coated after two - less in the right environment.

* I've found that it sometimes help to clean up residues after the setting solutions have done their stuff.

* Like all clear coats, it does darken the surface slightly and increase contrast between colours - plan your colour choice accordingly.

I've no experience of Omni-Clear - actually, I haven't even heard of it - so would be interested to know some more myself.

Edited by pigsty