• 2 weeks later...

It is pretty much in a parking orbit at the moment. I haven't had time to do any modeling recently. I just put in 96 hours at work last week and came home yesterday to a flooded basement. (inserts a whole string of naughty words)

Darwin

It is pretty much in a parking orbit at the moment. I haven't had time to do any modeling recently. I just put in 96 hours at work last week and came home yesterday to a flooded basement. (inserts a whole string of naughty words)

Darwin

that sucks, hope that your man cave wasn't in the basement! everything else is expendible!

• 4 months later...

Believe it or not, I have actually started work on my Cutlass. I took all of the parts out the box and examined them. There were a few small air bubble holes in tip of one wing and one in top edge of one air intake. There was very little flash, a few extremely small pour stubs to remove and no noticeable warping of parts. I have cleaned everything up, added 36 BBs for nose weight and glued the fuselage halves together. There are optional parts for the prototype and for the 3 operational birds, of which the Blues used two. The vacuform canopy fits like a glove after sanding off the excess from the molding process. The cockpit and seat are VERY crude and rudimentary. I am considering putting an ejection seat from an F-4 in just to spice things up a bit, but it is a little too wide. There are little doors that cover the front of the main landing gear wells and one of those is missing.

Darwin