The one that lost - Yf-23

Great work. Looking for updates!

Well, here is one. :D

In the end i just decieded to make the intakes out of milliput.

Yf-23069.jpg

(picture is 2 days old)

I just did the final white layer on those intakes, after fixing some minor holes in the milliput. I *might* even close the fuselage today. New pictures tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

The most recent pictures.

DSC02431.jpg

DSC02435.jpg

I had to remove "Yf-23" decals on the tail, because they sat to high up. I rushed the Yf before a show in my town, and i trusted to much on the painting instruction. As seen on pictures, there is also a lot of small errors in the paint/finish. (the matt coat isnt on btw) I will never ever rush any kit before a show again, no matter how close i am with finishing it.

I have two Italeri kit, and two decal sheets. The interesting part is that the colors on the sheets are different from each other. One of them have a lot of weird green color in them, and that is wrong.

DSC02438.jpg

Notice also different colors on the smaller badges and so on.

• 1 month later...

Long time no update. Pictures have bad quality because i can't find charger for my cam, so i used mobile phone. Because of me rushing the model for the show in august, i have been set back quite a lot now. First, some masking done:

Bilde0077.jpg

And, it is in sad shape now...

Bilde0089.jpg

As you guys see, i had to sand quite a few areas. This is due to sloppy (at least for the quality i want the model to be done in) work some places. Not seen in the pic, but i added needle tip to the nose, making it much sharper and realistic looking. Easy mod, but makes so much difference. Still have quite a few places to fix.

Lookin' really good! :worship:

A close-up of the nose would be nice! And some words on how that is an easy mod. :)

The mobile phone isn't the best device for taking close up pictures... :) But i got my paycheck today, so i will order a charger for the cam today. This is how the mod is done:

1: Find a needle of the size you need. If it is to long, just cut it.

2: Drill small hole on the tip of the nose.

3: Insert the needle and glue it on with superglue.

4: Some tamya putty needed around the need, so the transition is nice and smooth.

That is it. :)

I finally managed to find the charger, after at least 2 weeks of searching! :cheers: I almost ordered one yesterday, but though to search one last time.

Yf-23083.jpg

The nose:

Yf-23084.jpg

And i made some lights. There are one on top of the spine, and one below, right after the front wheelbay:

Yf-23085.jpg

YF-23_87-0801_025.JPG

What scale is this Black Widow, Anton? It's coming along nice, as with yer every and each project, mate. :unsure:

And someone visited me while i was building. :D

Yf-23075.jpg

:lol: Oh, noooooo...!!! I wouldn't have been able to refrain from sprinkling that unexpected visitor full of gunship grey for her insolence! Showing up like that, with no previous notice...? Where does she get off??!! :wub: Please, tell me you did give her a first coat of paint, Berkut, mate.