The one that lost - Yf-23

I finally managed to find the charger, after at least 2 weeks of searching! :lol: I almost ordered one yesterday, but though to search one last time. <...>

Oh, man. Some people have all the luck! :lol: It's always the other way round for me. :woot.gif: If I lose something, I better order a new one fast or I won't ever find it again. I wanted to read Jack Higgins' "Exocet" again, but couldn't find it. Searched for years. Literally. Then, a day - ONE frickin' day - after finally getting round to it and ordering a replacement, a friend calls me: "You won't believe what I just found! Weren't you looking for that Exocet-book?" Argghhh! :blink:

Thanks everyone for the comments. :worship:

Well, i managed to paint it yesterday and today. Sorry for the boring pictures once again. (anyone getting deja vu seeing them?) Before and after:

Yf-23087.jpg

Yf-23090.jpg

Yf-23088.jpg

Yf-23091.jpg

As seen on the pictures there is color difference. It will should level out after i get the clear coat on it again.

• 1 month later...

After a lot, a lot, a lot of back and forth with sanding-spraying-fixing-spraying paint-etc circle, the wash and most of the decals are on. (three decals left on underside). Before i could take pictures i needed to do a mission. :thumbsup:

Yf-23101.jpg

Yf-23102.jpg

To late!

Yf-23105.jpg

Overview:

Yf-23111.jpg

Yf-23113.jpg

Not finished with wash, will do black around flaps and other moving parts. Had to fix one of the decals at the back, because parts of it got lifted due to tape. Used some white decal, chopped up, and decal softner. And lil bit of paint.

Yf-23100.jpg

Yf-23119.jpg

Since we are speaking of decals, if anyone could help, i would appreciate. Click.

Edited by Berkut
  • 4 weeks later...

A small update. Finally, after a lot of search, it seems i have found the mesh i need.

Yf-23.jpg

Yf-23121.jpg

Actually from cigarette package. The wash on the plane is finished btw, tomorrow is a big day, because i will get mattcoat on! :whistle:

Mesh you see as on pictures isn't finished version. It will be darkened with wash, tamya smoke and dry-brushing. I think i will also add the lines as seen here:

j9ye52.jpg

Still, there is some touch up need to be done, around and in intakes and around exhaust. It will be finished this year. :cheers:

quite a complex pattern on a small surface in 1/72 - how are you planing to do the lines?

Very complex pattern, luckily i have a nice fan made drawing of it. I did a test with back of #11 blade yesterday. Okish. Maybe a dark wash into the places i go over with the blade will get even better impression. If anyone have suggestions, my tip line is open. :D

Thanks for all support and comments. :)

Why not make it a diamond?

Yup, that is the new idea that someone gave me on Norwegian IPMS forum. So, today i will draw the diamond shape (with same angles as on wings of the real ac hopefully) on the stand.

Also, I have following idea for the stand: Print out picture of desert and glue it on the stand. Also a nameplate of course.

Edited by Berkut
  • 4 weeks later...

Berkut, Zactoman sent me here to visit you. I'm building a Testors 1/72 YF-23 also. Doing things a little differemt though. I'm doing an open cockpit and weapons bay. I used the Aires F-15E cockpit as the base. I've been watching Zactoman and he is an inspiration. I'm working on the landing gear bays right now. I forsee having to re-scribe those lines too. You make it sound hard to do. I'm new to ARC and Trying to get some photos here. Right now, I'm in Photobucket. I'll be posting some pics soon. Looking forward to talking with you soon. Lee Cuevas http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy128/cueva533/

Berkut, Zactoman sent me here to visit you. I'm building a Testors 1/72 YF-23 also. Doing things a little differemt though. I'm doing an open cockpit and weapons bay. I used the Aires F-15E cockpit as the base. I've been watching Zactoman and he is an inspiration. I'm working on the landing gear bays right now. I forsee having to re-scribe those lines too. You make it sound hard to do. I'm new to ARC and Trying to get some photos here. Right now, I'm in Photobucket. I'll be posting some pics soon. Looking forward to talking with you soon. Lee Cuevas http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy128/cueva533/

I am planning to do another YF-23 sometime in the future, PAV-2 on the ground. Open canopy, but closed weapon bays. Mainly because those weapon bays are on big mystery. There is simply no pic of them. :worship:

Aires F-15E cockpit will be a good start i guess, if you need some cockpit pics i can upload what i got.

The pannellines are tedious process. And honestly, rescribing was my most hated task in modelling. Still is. :) When you are done, it will be worth it. Just remember, use pencil before you actually rescribe, use the time you need, don't rush. If you do, you need to fill it with superglue, sand and start over. Not a lot of fun.

As i stated earlier, i have used Zactos work as template, because i bet my right hand it is 101% accurate and precise.

Looking forward to your progress and pictures. Posting pictures is easy, just copy the "IMG" tag and paste it in the post. :)

What markings will you do it in? PAV-1 or -2?

I am planning to do another YF-23 sometime in the future, PAV-2 on the ground. Open canopy, but closed weapon bays. Mainly because those weapon bays are on big mystery. There is simply no pic of them. :D

Aires F-15E cockpit will be a good start i guess, if you need some cockpit pics i can upload what i got.

The pannellines are tedious process. And honestly, rescribing was my most hated task in modelling. Still is. :D When you are done, it will be worth it. Just remember, use pencil before you actually rescribe, use the time you need, don't rush. If you do, you need to fill it with superglue, sand and start over. Not a lot of fun.

As i stated earlier, i have used Zactos work as template, because i bet my right hand it is 101% accurate and precise.

Looking forward to your progress and pictures. Posting pictures is easy, just copy the "IMG" tag and paste it in the post. :)

What markings will you do it in? PAV-1 or -2?

I'm starting with PAV 1. I shared these with Zactoman last month. You'll find them interesting. This is PAV 2. I can't get the hang of this ARC site. Give me your email and I can share them with you. cueva533@cox.net

Well, here is one. :)

In the end i just decieded to make the intakes out of milliput.

Yf-23069.jpg

(picture is 2 days old)

I just did the final white layer on those intakes, after fixing some minor holes in the milliput. I *might* even close the fuselage today. New pictures tomorrow.

Ok, I mate mine with Tamiya putty. It took about a week with bookoo layers.

DSCN0272.jpg