Hello, Ken!

I was wondering, except the TVC nozzles, formation lights and the cockpit what other additions or alterations are necessary to render this Su-35.

Emil

From what I have looked at so far.....

New cockpit with 2 X large MFD screens.

Offset IRST.

IFR Probe.

New tailboom - lacking the side boxes - but with a few 'bumps'

Bigger rudders

Twin nosewheels

Lack of dorsal airbrake (just cement in place and re-scribe ??)

Re-profiled radome - very subtle, but it looks like it lacks the double curvature at the tip.

No nose probe.

'Hockey Stick' aerials under nose and tailboom.

TVC nozzles.

Apart from a few aerials etc - I think that covers it - I have probably missed something really obvious....?

There are rumours that the fins are smaller - but I can't see any difference in shape.

Ken

PS - The biggest job is going to be sourcing those 'slime lights' !!!

Hello, Ken!

I was wondering, except the TVC nozzles, formation lights and the cockpit what other additions or alterations are necessary to render this Su-35.

Emil

Offset IRST.

IFR Probe.

Bigger rudders

Twin nosewheels

Re-profiled radome - very subtle, but it looks like it lacks the double curvature at the tip.

No nose probe.

TVC nozzles.

Apart from a few aerials etc - I think that covers it - I have probably missed something really obvious....?

There are rumours that the fins are smaller - but I can't see any difference in shape.

Ken

Thank you, Gary, Darren and Artwork for your kind comments.

Cheers!

Offset IRST.

IFR Probe.

Bigger rudders

Twin nosewheels

No nose probe.

TVC nozzles.

Ken

Ken, that sounds very do-able, no major surgery...Wasn't really planing on building another Su-, but the grey Su-35 looks really cool, I just love that camo, guess I gotta start lookin around for another Academy kit...

:thumbsup:

Emil

• 1 month later...

Man excellent job on converting this beast to Su-30MK. You've done marvelous job on the paintjob as well considering it is painted with spray bottles! One question!! How did you find fitting the Quickboost correction nose on the model?? From my personal experience it has the worst fit ever from all the other aftermarket noses (a huge step is created of almost 2-3mm), while it has serius errors on its shape as well! In my opinion Pisco models correction nose or even better the Miniarm version of this are the best choises by far.

Wow, this is sweet. I just read a wonderful article on this aircraft in the Combat Aircraft magazine. It had photos of this jet and you my friend captured it very well into this build. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW back from the dead, didn't think I was gonna see this one resurface!

BIG Thank You:ALEXANDER, AGGRESSOR SUPPORTER, ROM, BONEHAMMER, ROBERTO, BRUTALOS, MIKE, JEAN-LUC( :rolleyes: for reviving this) QIAN, PILATUS, MINGWIN, PANOS, STEVE AND BERKUT(once more :D ), for your appreciative comments.

It means a lot to me!

:)

Emil

• Hawkins changed the title to Su-30MKM Blue 04 Demo Bird