US Dummy bombs blue color?

What's the best color to use if I'm painting some US bombs as dummy/practice ones? I've seen the general mk.82 practice, but also gbu-12s, jdams, etc........just don't know what is the best match, if any for that blueish-green color. Any help?? Thanks.

The bomb bodies would be heavily weathered, they are usually stored outside in the elements, so they don't have to be a perfect match.

Reddog :monkeydance:

BDU-33s wouldn't be very heavily weathered. They get used quick enough that they dont usually last long enough to get too rusty.

BDU-33s wouldn't be very heavily weathered. They get used quick enough that they dont usually last long enough to get too rusty.

The original poster asked about Mk 80 Series Inert Bomb Bodies, that's what I geared my response to. BDU-33's and Mk 76's come in a big wooden boxes and are usually setting out on the flight line open, BDU-48's and Mk 106's (no longer used) come in cardboard boxes, two to a box. <_<

Me response still stands, inert bomb bodies are stored outside %99 of the time. If they are built up as GP Bombs then they are stored outside, if they are GBU's then they should be stored in the mag but often times they are stored outside also.

The bomb bodies would not rust, but the paint would fade and the stencilling would be hard to read. ;)

Reddog :salute:

Edited by Reddog