Coming soon to a resin caster near you

Gentlemen,

Here's the masters that I have been working on for quite a while now, and they will be shipped off to Drpepper here very soon.

First up is an F-14A/B Bombcat update set for the Hasegawa kit. New rear instrument panel that is a drop in replacement for the kit item. Much more detailed, includes the correct screen for the LANTIRN equipped birds. Also the correct late style main wheels, detailed and updated, as well as corrected and improved nosewheels. Finally, the late style gun vents, including all of the vents all the way back to the ladder. This one will require a small bit of cutting to install, but not much.

F-14Update.jpg

Next up is Block 52+ gear doors for the Revell AG F-16 kit. The main gear doors could be used for other Blocks with the bulged gear doors, but I'm including the FMS 52+ nose gear door as well.

IMG_3812.jpg

Then comes the GBU-31 V3, JDAM with the BLU-109 warhead.

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

And something that nobody was expecting, Swedish standoff munitions dispenser, alternately referred to as the Bk-90, MWS-24 or MWS-39. I've seen all of the different names used on the internet and books, so I don't know which one is correct. Used on Viggens and Gripens, and I've seen photos of some in front of Greek F-16s at an airshow. Designed to be cast in two pieces for better detail:

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

Hope that you guys enjoy, I had fun building them!

-Hoops

The GBU-31 is very nice, but why oh why oh why is it that aftermarket manufacturers in 1/72 INSIST on doing the same things!!!

Modern Hobbies LLC GBU-31 / BLU-109

Well in this particular case I was about 50% complete with mine when Modern Hobbies announced theirs. I looked at what they had to offer, and decided that I would finish mine. I think that more products on the market is a good thing, and modelers can decide which one they prefer.

Cheers,

-Hoops

Nice job on the F-14 set! :monkeydance:

If I may add something, a NICE addition to that would be a LANTIRN stick. I know it's a tiny bit, but either you have to carve it from sprue or a spare control stick, or you have the Fine Molds PE stick. But it's very flat as usual with PE bits.

Just a thought, but 1/72 F-14 builders would love you (and I mean it :D)

Very nice! How about including the F-14 Pilot IP w/ the Hud mod?

I had mastered some Lantirn F-14B and D IP/coamings, BOL rails, bomb racks, Lantirn HCU, and a few other improvements a few years back. Sent them to a less reputable resin caster and never got the masters or parts back.... Never had the heart to to go that much effort again. Now I can just buy your parts :monkeydance:

-brian

-brian

Nice job on the F-14 set! :wub:

If I may add something, a NICE addition to that would be a LANTIRN stick.

Just a thought, but 1/72 F-14 builders would love you (and I mean it :wub:)

Not a bad idea, I must admit that I didn't even think about it. That was my project for tonight, and its complete, I significantly modified the grip from the Hasegawa new tool Harrier, as it was the right basic shape to start. Now it has all of the correct details for the LANTIRN stick. It's pretty small, and I don't know how the casting is going to go, but that's the Dr's problem and not mine...

Very nice! How about including the F-14 Pilot IP w/ the Hud mod?

-brian

The backseater IP really took it out of me, that took so much more time than any of the other pieces. I don't know if I'm up to doing the front as well. We'll wait and see.

Glad you guys like the parts!

-Hoops

Awesome news. Are these updates for the Hasegawa F-15E kits or what?

yes, for the hasegawa and academy kits.

Hoops - on a side note, please stick the lantrin side stick on a piece of coloured tape, so that it doesn't get lost in the package.. i think i'll throw in 2 72 GE nozzles and make it a set

drPepper

Thank you gentlemen for giving us some 1/72 love.

A bombcat correction for Hasegawa kittys is a welcome product. I especially love the F-15E correction set, I look forward to purchasing many of those.

If I may take a moment to make a couple sugestions for future 1/72 products...... if I am wrong about the following products please let me know.

AN/AXQ-14 and AN/AWW-13....................to my knowlege no one currently makes a GBU-15 or walleye data pod in 1/72 this will be very useful for Desert Storm modelers.

F-4E Cockpit

F-4J Cockpit

F-4B Cockpit

F-4C/D Cockpit...............to my knowlege the only 1/72 resin phantom cockpit is the Aries for the F-4F. While there are many photo etch options for this I would love to see a nice resin cockpit for each Phantom2 type.

Update set to turn Revell Of Germany's beautiful F-4F into a F-4E...... Slotted stabs, a few different tail tops with lumps and bumps, a nice F-4E resin cockpit, maybe some new tires. wow... what a set that would make.

A full resin rep of the AVQ-26 PaveTAC pod. While various F-111F models come with the bottom half of the pod no-one has ever made the full pod to mount on the bottom of a F-4E.

Thank you for the time and concideration. Again, thanks Dr Pepper for giving us some 1/72 products!

God Bless,

Ken

Thank goodness for the new front wheels. The kit ones look wonky.

Agreed, the wheels will be perfect for my in progress (well...) Hasegawa F-14A. Thanks for doing these!

No more need to go to the Fujimi kit for a pair of decent nose wheels. :cheers:

Cheers,

Anders

Edited by Anders_Isaksson
AN/AXQ-14 and AN/AWW-13....................to my knowlege no one currently makes a GBU-15 or walleye data pod in 1/72 this will be very useful for Desert Storm modelers.

you will see this in the set. it comes from the italeri kit..

Hoops - want to take up the F-4 challenge? i'm not too proficient with F-4s. F-16s yes, no problem!

Dr Pepper,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

you will see this in the set. it comes from the italeri kit..

Sorry, but are you speaking of the italeri/testors nato weapons package? Could you please be more specific? Thanks for any help locating the data link pods.

Thanks again and God Bless,

Ken

F-4E Cockpit

F-4J Cockpit

F-4B Cockpit

F-4C/D Cockpit...............to my knowlege the only 1/72 resin phantom cockpit is the Aries for the F-4F. While there are many photo etch options for this I would love to see a nice resin cockpit for each Phantom2 type.

Update set to turn Revell Of Germany's beautiful F-4F into a F-4E...... Slotted stabs, a few different tail tops with lumps and bumps, a nice F-4E resin cockpit, maybe some new tires. wow... what a set that would make.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ken's list. However, if you were to make some 1/72 Phantom parts, how about some intakes with compressor faces in there like Seamless Suckers used to make. They aren't producing those anymore and they were a really great addition.

Thanks!

Given all the shape problems that the Revell kit has (nose, intakes, canopies, fin, tanks, etc), you're much better off, IMHO, getting a Hasegawa F-4E kit. Plus it's in the mill that Academy will produce a new F-4E this year...all to say that I don't think a conversion kit would be a big seller. However, reasonably priced intakes and cockpits likely would!

Gene K