Edit: Aphids and Archers and Alamos oh my!

These beautiful missiles are now available at www.Zactomodels.com

Missiles.jpg

:)

________________________________________________________________________________

___

Here is the first in a series of Russian Missiles mastered for Zactomodels by Alexander Rogal (Eastern here at ARC). :D

The Vympel R-60 (AA-8 Aphid).

From top to bottom: Revell, Trumpeter and Zactomodels:

R-60_1.jpg

R-60_2.jpg

R-60_3.jpg

Viva la difference!

Alexander is also working on master patterns for the R-73 (AA-11 Archer) and R-27 (AA-10 Alamo) series.

Check out the progress pictures for the patterns on Alexander's site: http://pilot64.gallery.ru/

Edited by Zactoman
Alexander is also working on master patterns for the R-73 (AA-11 Archer) and R-27 (AA-10 Alamo) series.

Short burn or long burn Alamos? Or both?

Awesome looking R-60....can't wait to see some of the more modern weapons. R-73, R-27 long burns will be awesome.

Cheers,

Short burn or long burn Alamos? Or both?
Initially the short burn radar guided to arm the MiG-29 kits but eventually there will be short and long, radar and infra-red.
Very nice! Can I use them on the flanker kits? If so, when can I buy them?
I'd swear I've seen pics of the Su-27 carrying R-60s on the wingtip pylons but I just looked through the pics on my hard drive and didn't find anything except for an anime scheme from some computer game.

Some sources on the web list it in the available armament for the Su-27, others don't.

It seems that none of the internet sources list the Su-27 as platforms if you look up the AA-8 though...

Flankerman?

As for when they'll be available, probably in about a week or two after I've ironed out the molds and sent Alexander a bunch.

:cheers:

Wow, Chris, AA-8 came out really nicely! As for the Alamo, yes I intend to master both short and long burns, radar and IR as well. But it's a veeery long way to go. :D

With your kind permission (I hope you, Chris, wouldn't mind :D ) I took the liberty to place one teasing image of the Alamo still in-progress master. Just to tickle my modeling ego and tease other fellow modelers. :taunt:

Here it is:

51947-c9c09-16427758-m549x500.jpg

I hope with a luck the short burn Alamo will be done in a week or so and then I start the rear section for long-burner.

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

Alexander, that's gorgeous. Really like that. It's nice to see some highly detailed Russian missiles hitting the market, especially after the fairly huge quantity of ridiculously comically looking ordnance that's been provided. I'm not a super-accuracy freak, but some of those things looked like they belonged in cartoons, not on an aircraft.

These are some very, very nice masters you've crafted.

Alexander, that's gorgeous. Really like that. It's nice to see some highly detailed Russian missiles hitting the market, especially after the fairly huge quantity of ridiculously comically looking ordnance that's been provided. I'm not a super-accuracy freak, but some of those things looked like they belonged in cartoons, not on an aircraft.

These are some very, very nice masters you've crafted.

Thanks much, Waco, for your kind words on my build. Much appreciated. I hope the ordnance will be a very nice improvement of everybody's Mig and Su fans.

Yeah, the most of in-kits ordnance, unfortunetely, not so good so I'll try to turn the things to the right way. BTW, I'm considering AIM-9M (1/32scale) also as, seems, the most popular missile. :wave:

Alexander.

:D

Thanks much, Waco, for your kind words on my build. Much appreciated. I hope the ordnance will be a very nice improvement of everybody's Mig and Su fans.

Yeah, the most of in-kits ordnance, unfortunetely, not so good so I'll try to turn the things to the right way. BTW, I'm considering AIM-9M (1/32scale) also as, seems, the most popular missile. :lol:

Alexander.

:rolleyes:

AIM-9J would be nice. Lots of use on F-4C/D and E's, F-15's and F-16, especially foreign users. AIM-9D's for those 1/32 Crusaders , F-4J's and F-14's as well.

Is ther external diffs between the 9L and 9M?

Edited by JasonB
Wow, just wow - puts all my efforts to correct that problem to shame! Interested in making any 1/48 masters?

+1, especially for AA-11 and AA-12 (since SOL is not available anymore).

Also, detailed missiles should come with detailed launchers, I believe? :cheers:

Edited by ijozic

Aloha,

All I can say is I'm simply awe struck every time I see your work... Alexander, really really beautiful. Excellent (and always expanding) product line, please keep it up Zactoman!!! :cheers: Can't wait until they're available!

Ahui hou :D

Mark

Edited by Buck
+1, especially for AA-11 and AA-12 (since SOL is not available anymore).

Also, detailed missiles should come with detailed launchers, I believe? :deadhorse1:

AA-12 is not considered yet. As for the launchers, yes, I'm considering the pylons for Mig-29. Those in-kit that Revell offers are really ridiculous and MUST be replaced with new ones.

Cheers!

Alexander.

I see one HUGE mistake in your masters though Chris.......You only are making them in 32nd! :deadhorse1: Seriously, have you considered scaling them down to at least 48th? There is a severe lack of (decent) Russian armament in the modeling community and I'm sure they'd be a huge seller in both scales!

Rick

Edited by madmanrick
AA-12 is not considered yet. As for the launchers, yes, I'm considering the pylons for Mig-29. Those in-kit that Revell offers are really ridiculous and MUST be replaced with new ones.

Cheers!

Alexander.

Any consideration for AA-8 launchers for the Mig-21, since they carried them singly and in dual rail configuration?

Hello, everybody.

Finally! The Alamo A master's done and after a while I'll start to lathe turn the rear portion for Alamo C (long burner) and fore section for Alamo B (IR seeker).

Here are some teasing pics:

51947-03b74-17024565-m549x500.jpg51947-f411d-17024567-m549x500.jpg

51947-ee32e-17024571-m549x500.jpg

51947-165b3-17024581-m549x500.jpg51947-04d54-17024574-m549x500.jpg

Alexander.

:woot.gif:

wow when this beauty will be available.....

i need a lot of them. Do you think make A-G missiles? And why not a russian tow bar too... ? Think about on make some russian airfield stuffs, mssiles trolleys, etc...

cheers

Rafael Winter

Thanks for the feedback, Rafael. Some day you will have them in your hands... As for A-G missiles, I'm not considering any presently. Actually I want to finish that bunch of Russian A-A missiles that are standard for Fulcrum and Flanker (mostly, AA-8, AA-10 and AA-11 and maybe AA-12). But my hands are itching to continue working on my Mig-29M and to rebuild my Revell's Mig-29A using Zactoman's awesome improvements and my own. So, other possible ordnance projects are a matter of future, except AIM-9M that I'm considering to master in two or three months.

Alexander.

:wub: