Hi Yufei!

No, I actually didn't plan to master the wheels.

Maybe someone else... :)

Cheers!

Alexander.

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What does somebody have to bribe you in order to get that rolling?

And while we're at it (and more appropriate to the thread), we need updated R-23s and R-24s! Looking at those in the MiG-23 that I'm working on and they're just incredibly poor compared to the more modern subjects already available.

And a further "while we're at it" - we need all the Soviet Sidewinder analogs too - K/R-3/13 family! I know that the first few were copies of AIM-9s, but there had to be some differences, and by the time that we got to the later variants, the differences were surely more substantial. Not only needed for early MiG-23s, but also for MiG-21s and more!

C'mon throw me a friggin bone here!

Paul

The missiles that Zactoman produces are definitely what you need - the R-27 comes in four flavors - Thermal, Radar, and then extended range versions of each, all four are commonly seen on the Su-27 family, including the Su-30MKK. The R-73 is also made by Zacto, so you should be all set!

Of course, the exact configuration and combination of missiles that you go for depends on the specific example that you're modeling.

I know that Zacto also has canopy updates in the works for the two seat Flankers, so that will be covered for you in the not so distant future.

Cheers,

Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the info! I'll be keeping an eye out! By the way, I see you're working on a Tamiya F-117. I've got one of those, too...I've got a lot of really cool airplanes to build :-)

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What does somebody have to bribe you in order to get that rolling?

And while we're at it (and more appropriate to the thread), we need updated R-23s and R-24s! Looking at those in the MiG-23 that I'm working on and they're just incredibly poor compared to the more modern subjects already available.

And a further "while we're at it" - we need all the Soviet Sidewinder analogs too - K/R-3/13 family! I know that the first few were copies of AIM-9s, but there had to be some differences, and by the time that we got to the later variants, the differences were surely more substantial. Not only needed for early MiG-23s, but also for MiG-21s and more!

C'mon throw me a friggin bone here!

Paul

Whoa! No guys, sorry, I'm actually not a wishing well! :) As for R-23/24, well, maybe... But as for others... I'd rather not. I want to complete my Fulcrum project first.

But to be honest, mastering those small models is very tempting. You need at least 2 or 3 months (according to my own rate) to have almost 100% accurate model. ;)

As I'm aware Chris (aka Zactoman) keeps in mind making other versions of Sidewinder, maybe including Soviet ones.

Cheers!

Alexander

Oh we understand that you're not just up to build any of our wishes. However, on the flip side, you have provided such wonderful patterns so far that you're now on our collective "radar" as a true master pattern maker, and if there's one thing that's consistent about modelers, we have a bad case of "what have you done for me lately?" We always want MORE! :thumbsup:

Please do finish your MiG-29, as it's absolutely a remarkable project, and one that we all love to keep up with. Just know that we love your work, and hope to see more in the near future!

Best!

Paul

Oh we understand that you're not just up to build any of our wishes. However, on the flip side, you have provided such wonderful patterns so far that you're now on our collective "radar" as a true master pattern maker, and if there's one thing that's consistent about modelers, we have a bad case of "what have you done for me lately?" We always want MORE! :thumbsup:

Please do finish your MiG-29, as it's absolutely a remarkable project, and one that we all love to keep up with. Just know that we love your work, and hope to see more in the near future!

Best!

Paul

Hi Paul and thanks much for your kind words! I'm really flattered.

Of course, I will make more sweet "thingies" when I'm up for them and I'll do all my best to make them as real things but 32 times shrunk. :D

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

;)

• 11 months later...

Chris,

I have just started working on the Alamo-C's (4x) that will hang on my Flanker. Thx for the prompt shipment of the 2nd set!

Wow!! They are incredible, really at a different level to anything I have previously worked with!

Quick question: I am in the process of fixing pins to the pylons and drilling little holes in the missiles for futute mounting; I'm having a hard time finding cose-up pics of the Amamo-C mounted to the wing pylon. Can you confirm the position of the forward wings of the Aamo-C relative to the tip of the wing pylon is as shown on your side-view of an Alamo-B?

Thanks,

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Good to hear that you like the missiles. They really are pretty awesome (Great job mastering them Alexander! :worship: )...

While I don't have any close-ups that I can post I can confirm that yes, the position of the front fins in relation to the pylon is the same as on the shorter range A's and B's (as shown on the Alamo-B illustration on my instructions).

Looking forward to seeing them mounted on your bird!

:cheers: