• 2 weeks later...
Could you let us know either thru ARC or email when you'll be ready to start accepting orders for the unlucky ones that aren't going to the Nats?
I've just updated my website and the missiles are now available!

I'll be updating it again tomorrow and adding the Sorbtsiya Pods, MiG-29 wheels and Su-27 early tail stinger.

Hope to see you in Phoenix next year Eli :cheers:

Just ordered some of the missiles. :monkeydance:

Any chance of posting the AA-8 instructions, Chris? I got a set of the early limited release prior to the Nats that came without instructions. Thanks.

Thank you for the order Dave :thumbsup:

I just updated the missile page on the website to include the instructions for all of the missiles. >>>Here<<<

I'll be sure to throw in a printed copy with your new order.

I'm still updating the website and just put up the MiG wheels. I've got to go demold some castings and I'll get back to updating the site with Sorbtsiya Pods and Su-27 Stingers...

:)

Got a 404 when I tried to access your site, about five minutes ago.

BJ

Hmmm...???

The home page? www.Zactomodels.com

I just went there on both my computer and on Zactowomans' and had no problems.

I even checked several of the pages including the missile page and placed (then cancelled) an order for some missiles.

Is anybody else having any problems?

Assuming the site is up, I finished loading the Sorbtsiya and Stinger pages.

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

I tried the link I had posted above and got the 404 myself. I just edited the post and tried again and now it seems to be working...

If anybody still has a problem please let me know!

I've got to go and cast some parts right now so I'll be away from the computer for a while but will check back often.

:cheers:

I see one HUGE mistake in your masters though Chris.......You only are making them in 32nd! :D Seriously, have you considered scaling them down to at least 48th? There is a severe lack of (decent) Russian armament in the modeling community and I'm sure they'd be a huge seller in both scales!

Rick

totally aggree...

48th 48th 48th!

I promise you, I will buy every single product related to flanker in 48th :cheers:

in the future may be product related to PAK-FA :cheers: if it is anything like flanker.. ;)

Thank you for the order Dave :thumbsup:

I just updated the missile page on the website to include the instructions for all of the missiles. >>>Here<<<

I'll be sure to throw in a printed copy with your new order.

I'm still updating the website and just put up the MiG wheels. I've got to go demold some castings and I'll get back to updating the site with Sorbtsiya Pods and Su-27 Stingers...

:whistle:

Thanks, Chris. The missiles are beautiful! I just wish I could afford more.

BTW, just checked the site and no problems here.

Of all the Alamo versions which is the mostly widely/commonly used?
The most common combinations I've seen:

Su-27 - 4 X Alamo-C (center and under intakes) + 2 X Alamo-B (inner wing pylons) + 4 X Archer (outer wing pylon and wingtip pylon)

MiG-29 - 2 X Alamo-A + 2 X Archer + 2 X Aphid

Lots of combinations are possible and not many photos are published of birds carrying weapons...

HTH

:thumbsup:

The most common combinations I've seen:

Su-27 - 4 X Alamo-C (center and under intakes) + 2 X Alamo-B (inner wing pylons) + 4 X Archer (outer wing pylon and wingtip pylon)

I guess it would carry Alamo-D if the extended range radar homing versions were carried, no?

This one was actually only for display purposes; as was discussed earlier (IIRC) the weapons control system couldn't support two different kinds of short range missiles.

I guess it would carry Alamo-D if the extended range radar homing versions were carried, no?

Alamo-C is the extended range radar missile. Alamo-D is the extended IR missile. I beleive I have seen it carry a combination of the two with the Cs on center and the Ds under the intakes.

This one was actually only for display purposes; as was discussed earlier (IIRC) the weapons control system couldn't support two different kinds of short range missiles.
Very interesting!

Do you have any links to this discussion? I have never heard this or read it (I mostly look at the pictures...).

Most models I have seen built carry this combo (including my 1/32 Iraqi MiG-29). Does this mean they are technically wrong except for airshow displays? :yahoo:

Regardless of accuracy, the three different missiles make for a nice visual load-out...

I shipped a bunch of packages today. If you just ordered new products then your package has already shipped. If you ordered any of my previous products then it may be a few days as I was completely sold out of them after the Nats...

:D

• 5 weeks later...

At last has received a parcel with the my order! :yahoo:

Chris, many thanks to You! :cheers:

Александр, Спасибо за мАстерскую скрупулёзную работу! :cheers:

7a54a0b8e243370720ab7045dee6d5f1.jpg

Now my Cy-27 will be armed "to the teeth" and will look as the Christmas tree! :thumbsup:

Edited by maXar
  • 6 months later...
At last has received a parcel with the my order!

Chris, many thanks to You!

Александр, Спасибо за мАстерскую скрупулёзную работу!

7a54a0b8e243370720ab7045dee6d5f1.jpg

Now my Cy-27 will be armed "to the teeth" and will look as the Christmas tree! :cheers:

Hi maXar! It's late for saying thanks, but better late than never. :taunt:

BTW, a big scale Flanker fans, have you all ordered these "bad boys" yet? :whistle:

Not yet? Then rush, rush to Zactomodels.com!

Cheers!

Alexander.

Hi,Alexander!

Do you have plan for some Flanker resin wheels like Fulrum's?

The wheel hub is different from normal Su-27 to Su-27SM/Su-33.

That would be most interesting I guess?

Yufei

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,Alexander!

Do you have plan for some Flanker resin wheels like Fulrum's?

The wheel hub is different from normal Su-27 to Su-27SM/Su-33.

That would be most interesting I guess?

Yufei

Hi Yufei!

No, I actually didn't plan to master the wheels.

Maybe someone else... :)

Cheers!

Alexander.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I've spent a good portion of my morning doing some beginning research on Russian missiles, and this thread appears to be the 'ne plus ultra' of the bunch (meaning, good stuff!). I know this is an older thread, but I simply had to respond to it, and ask a few questions.

First off, the detail of the missiles discussed and pictured on this thread are beyond stunning! I am a modeler newly returned to the hobby after many decades, and I continue to be amazed by the kind of detail that is available on and for plastic scale models these days. And horrified by the prices! LOL That said, the reason for my particular interest in this specific topic is that I just this morning ordered the Trumpeter 1/32 SU-30MKK Flanker. For someone just getting back into this, it was/is a daunting thought, to have purchased such an expensive (and large) plane. However, I always thought the Su-27/30 was a fantastic looking aircraft.

I understand there are some details that need to be addressed on the Trumpeter SU-30MKK, the canopy in particular. I wonder if the work on that aspect of the plane has continued, and whether those improvements are available. Secondly, on Wikipedia, the SU-30MKK ordnance list includes R-73 and R-27 air-to-air missiles. Are any of the missiles on this thread either these exact missiles, or sufficiently similar to be adequate for an SU-30MKK? If so, are those missiles still available for purchase?

Next, I saw that there was a suggestion to use Begemot decals for the missiles. Apparently, they have decals for an SU-27. Would those decals be sufficiently accurate for ordnance on an SU-30MKK?

Lastly, the Zactomodels site has a bunch of improvements for an Su-27. Would any of these 1) fit the Trumpeter SU-30MKK, and 2) would they be accurate for an Su-30MKK?

These are probably all answered in the details of this thread, but I must admit that all the really knowledgeable references you folks have made in the thread are in some way beyond my ability to address, and thus the need to ask these questions as I have here. Thanks for any help, and again, amazing looking plastic here!!!

The missiles that Zactoman produces are definitely what you need - the R-27 comes in four flavors - Thermal, Radar, and then extended range versions of each, all four are commonly seen on the Su-27 family, including the Su-30MKK. The R-73 is also made by Zacto, so you should be all set!

Of course, the exact configuration and combination of missiles that you go for depends on the specific example that you're modeling.

I know that Zacto also has canopy updates in the works for the two seat Flankers, so that will be covered for you in the not so distant future.

Cheers,

Paul