Hobby Boss 1/72 Westland Lynx HAS.8 in-box

I just noticed that they are including paint number callouts for Vallejo paints, which is pretty cool. I don't use Vallejos myself, but it's nice to see a manufacturer recognizing another paint line.

Also wanted to thank you for these in-box reviews. Given my experience with Hobby Boss's clunky and overpriced A-10, I probably wouldn't have taken a chance on any of their helicopter kits if I hadn't seen them. Now I'll probably get all of them eventually (except for the Hueys which seem to be the most inaccurate). Thanks!!

Can anyone comment on this kit's accuracy?

A few years ago I spent a whole lot of time rebuilding an Airfix HAS.8 and I can tell you most of the things I added and changed to that model look to be on this Hobby Boss model. I notice that there doesn't appear to be any detail on the main sponsons for the float bags, and the shape of the BERP blades looks a little too squat to me. The interior seating doesn't look like what I remember researching-- the inflatable couch was visible in the photos I collected. Otherwise, the overall shape and detail looks okay. I'm disappointed by the omission of Sea Skua missiles, though. The missiles give the helicopter a much more aggressive appearance. I bought a Revell Sea King just to get those missiles for my Lynx model. What happened to that model, you ask? I lost interest and never finished it :sunrevolves:

I notice that there doesn't appear to be any detail on the main sponsons for the float bags, and the shape of the BERP blades looks a little too squat to me.

Float bags done with decals.

I'm interested in your opinion of the BERP blades. Are the Airfix ones correct?

The interior seating doesn't look like what I remember researching-- the inflatable couch was visible in the photos I collected.

Comfy chair is indeed missing, but easy to scratchbuild anyway. Or I suppose that it can be left out entirely which is probably a valid fit too.

Shane

• 2 weeks later...
I was just wondering, of all the new Lynx releases, which ones accurately portray the ones displayed on the box?

Great question!

I also noticed that all of the Lynx kits all have the interior of the utility version and not the ASW/ASV version, even though some of them are supposed to.