I saw it, as did several other ARCers, a 1/48 B-36

There's a couple of small photographs in the letters section of this month's Scale Aviation Modeller International (the yellow one). I make it around 4'8" span and don't like even to think about what sort of wing spar it will need or what it will weigh...

... and as for the cost ...!

When that hits the market it's definitely going to be something to add to the ye ol' 1/48 collection. I'd love to see it (wonder if we could get some resin parts for the F-84 and build them as the parasite fighters/recon planes that some of them were equiped with).

Pretty cool!

Honestly - do all of you people live in old warehouses or barns or something? I've had to sell off 1/200 airliners because I'd have no place to put them.

Shhh! You'll make people pause in their drooling!

Alvis 3.1

I saw the early masters for it at the 2008 show. I talked to someone and he said that he was going to sell the kit in parts to keep the cost of the model down.

RYAN.

Wot? Aren't all kits sold in parts? Who'd buy half a B-36, and which half would they buy? Or does he mean, in effect, buying in instalments on easy terms ...?

Wot? Aren't all kits sold in parts? Who'd buy half a B-36, and which half would they buy? Or does he mean, in effect, buying in instalments on easy terms ...?

I mean he will sell one section as one piece and another section as one piece. Example, the nose section will be sold as one piece to the kit.

The wings will be sold as one section to the kit, ect. So, yes, buying in installments on easy terms.

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan

At what he's probably going to charge for it there should be a scale jimmy Stewart and June Allison. I've been up close to the real thing and in that scale it would span across my garage.

Years ago (1982) I was in the Air Force Museum and on top of the display case was a monogram B-36 build by someone, not the best build, and I certainly have seen better on this site, but when I saw it, I was blown away, I could only imagine what a 1/48 would do to a young kid

I mean he will sell one section as one piece and another section as one piece. Example, the nose section will be sold as one piece to the kit.

The wings will be sold as one section to the kit, ect. So, yes, buying in installments on easy terms.

RYAN.

Oh, you mean the way that Trumpeter, Hasegawa & Tamiya kit pricing is moving toward? :jaw-dropping:

Larry