New Wolfpak Release

Gents:

Two new sheets that will be avialable by April 20th.

Sheet 72-015:

F-4D with Pave Knife Pod.

F-4D with GBU-8 HOBOS weapons/ alternate decals for a LGB dropper.

A-6A with Pave Knife, one of only three aircraft modified.

A-4E with AGM-62 Walleyes from the first Vietnam Walleye strike mission.

C-130A Blind Bat flare ship and night FAC.

A-7E with GBU-10's from the first use of A-7's for PGM delivery.

Sheet 72-016: Instruction sheet artwork will be done and posted by the 13th

E-2C Hawkeye, VAW-77, 2004

F-4B, modex 201, Mig Killer VF-111

F-4G, VF-213, forest green over white camo.

A-1H, VA-145, olive drab and forest green camo.

The following helicopters from the 20th SOS Green Hornets:

UH-1F, Slick, Flemming CMH mission.

UH-1F, Gunship

UH-1N, SEA camo

UH-1N, Leopard camo

CH-3E, Black Mariah

MH-53M w/ special Green Hornet commemorative markings on their last Iraqi mission.

Alt markings for a MH-53M of the 551st SOS.

Sht015color.jpg

Edited by Mark S.

that's great news,,,,but, I don't even have my A-6B finished yet,,,,oh well,,,,,I better start to building faster, I guess

Rex (the doofus that came home from the Nats with the nose,,,,and just got the decals last month)

You can expect some more orders around Apr 21st, Mark; these look great and I'm especially interested in the theme to 72-015. Out of curiosity, do you have any intention on doing F-4Gs from VF-213 in the standard scheme? I really like the look of the unit markings as carried (probably) after the green scheme was trialled - perhaps by that stage they were no longer F-4Gs....

Anyway, thanks very much for the heads-up.

Andrew.

I really like the look of the unit markings as carried (probably) after the green scheme was trialled - perhaps by that stage they were no longer F-4Gs....

Andrew,

They remained F-4G's for a while after being repainted in the regular gray and white scheme. They were eventually brought back to B model standards though.

Regards,

Murph

Thanks Murph,

Much appreciated. It would be a very straightforward decision to purchase any sheet with those markings; apologies that I can't illustrate any examples at the moment, but there is a picture of Bu No. 152257 (perhaps a -B anyway) on pg 33 of Osprey's USN F-4 Phantom MiG Killers, 1965-70 in the markings I'm referring to.

Again, thanks for your clarification and to Mark for his efforts.

Andrew.

More great choices there, Mark! My infatuation with Vietnam-era F-4s has only increased as I've taken more of an interest in the armament they carried, so your subject matter will further inspire me to build more!

I'm eager to see the 20th SOS helicopters.

So I'll make the same offer as the with the last new Wolfpak sheets...

If anyone was thinking of buying 72-016 and wants to defray the costs a little, I'll kick a couple bucks your way if you're willing to part with the decals for the Fleming CMH UH-1F and a photocopy of the instructions.

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm certainly open to more Vietnam era Phantoms. The Leopard scheme is from the J-CATCH program which may be similar to the JAWS helicopters. I'll check.

For those of you who would like to see a 48th scale helicopter sheet I have the artwork nearly done. The problem is 48th scale doesn't sell all that well for me. When I have the artwork done for 72-016 I'll post a thread in the Helicopter sub-forum and if I get enough replies I will do the sheet. We're talking 50 Gents saying they want the sheet before I seriously consider doing one.

Mark

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm certainly open to more Vietnam era Phantoms. The Leopard scheme is from the J-CATCH program which may be similar to the JAWS helicopters. I'll check.

For those of you who would like to see a 48th scale helicopter sheet I have the artwork nearly done. The problem is 48th scale doesn't sell all that well for me. When I have the artwork done for 72-016 I'll post a thread in the Helicopter sub-forum and if I get enough replies I will do the sheet. We're talking 50 Gents saying they want the sheet before I seriously consider doing one.

Mark

I would love to see the choppers in 1/48th. I have lots of these just waiting for decals.

Gents:

As promised here's the artwork for the instructions for sheet 72-016:

Mark

Sht016Color.jpg

Given that that E-2 flew over my head on many occasions (and that I happen to have a partially built Fujimi E-2 kit lying around) I am definitely going to have to grab that sheet. So cool, thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

my sheet #15 arrived today

this is the first aftermarket sheet in a very long time that has markings on it that I will use almost all of the sheet

the A-4E scheme surprised me when I went to add it to my build list, because it turned out to be the only Early E line jet available in 1/72 from the aftermarket

the only other E Early was in the very old Scalecraft A-4E kit, and the identical VA-12 markings in the old AMT kit,,,,,and the Scalecraft's were aged beyond use the day I bought the kit, and the AMT kit of course comes with AMT decals, lol

so, if you want to build an E without a hump,,,,,this is the only one available

Mark,,,this makes it easy for me to give a suggestion

1/72 USN line jet humpless A-4E markings, the Super Echo is well covered already (and yes, I did check online decal databases before posting this)

should be fun builds, and add some interest to the display shelves, thanks for going out on the limb with your choices

Rex