German Aircraft replacement engines

Okay, oddball question, but I need some help.

How were replacement Daimler Benz and BMW engines, specifically thinking of BF-109 and FW-190 series, transported to the airfields for replacement?

Were they trucked? If so, were they shipped in a crate, or uncovered, or what?

I've just wondered about this as a thought for a diorama. Any suggestions of places to find photos would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Years ago I saw a Jumo from a Ju-88 in storage at the US Air Force Museum. It was in a crate, mounted on a wooden cradle. The main cowl panels were not attached, but the annular radiator and its cowl were in place. I'm not sure if this was an original Luftwaffe setup, or it had been crated by US personnel for shipment back to the states.

SN

Okay, oddball question, but I need some help.

How were replacement Daimler Benz and BMW engines, specifically thinking of BF-109 and FW-190 series, transported to the airfields for replacement?

Were they trucked? If so, were they shipped in a crate, or uncovered, or what?

I've just wondered about this as a thought for a diorama. Any suggestions of places to find photos would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

I've seen dioramas with engines in a crate, but do not remember actual pictures.

If this is of any help, my company sometimes refurbishes marine engines. They are shipped in crates: the inside of the crate has 'jigs' to prevent the engine from moving around and for proper weight redistribution.

Greetings...

From what I've read, German engines were shipped back home for overhaul, and fresh ones shipped back to the front, with no major repairs attempted in the field. These "power eggs" were complete with mounts and sometimes fairings for rapid replacement. I saw a captured Jumo at the Champlin museum; it had "Pickle Immed." scrawled on it. No crate with it, unfortunately.