Cessna U-27/C-208 Caravan

I am not an expert on light/general aviation civil types but I was wondering if there was a kit available of the single-engined Cessna C-208/U-27 Caravan. I would assume that any available kit would almost certainly be a limited edition resin or plastic version but I am totally unfamiliar with the majority of maunfacturers with the exception of RVHP and Omega...I wonder if anyone knows if this subject may be an upcoming release ?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Tigerfan112

I am not an expert on light/general aviation civil types but I was wondering if there was a kit available of the single-engined Cessna C-208/U-27 Caravan. I would assume that any available kit would almost certainly be a limited edition resin or plastic version but I am totally unfamiliar with the majority of maunfacturers with the exception of RVHP and Omega...I wonder if anyone knows if this subject may be an upcoming release ?

Many thanks :coolio:

Tigerfan112

I can't say too much but I do know trhat someone is working on a 1/72 version, I have seen part of the masters (still being made). It will be a resin kit and I have no idea how long it will be until it is released!

I can't say too much but I do know trhat someone is working on a 1/72 version, I have seen part of the masters (still being made). It will be a resin kit and I have no idea how long it will be until it is released!

Well, I wish they would hurry! And it would be nice if it was in 1/48! :)

Hi

Gremln models (of Yugoslavia) makes a range of 1:72 resin Cessna kits, including the Caravan, according to an on-line 1:72 kit listing Definitive 1:72 kit census:-

Cessna 335 Gremlin 7209

Cessna 340 Gremlin 7210

Cessna 401 Gremlin 7211

Cessna 402B Gremlin 7213

Cessna 404 Titan Gremlin 7205

Cessna 406 Caravan Gremlin 7208

Cessna 411 Gremlin 7212

Cessna 414 Chancellor Gremlin 7206

Cessna 421 Golden Eagle Gremlin 7207

Cessna 425 Corsair Gremlin 7203

Cessna 441 Conquest Gremlin 720

Gremlin do not seem to have a website but they have an e-mail address: gremlinmodels@beotel.yu

I also recall regularly seeing an advert for a US shop that sold their kits in the back pages of FSM.

Remembered - they are called J-Bar Hobbies: J-Bar Hobbies - Cessna Caravan

:jaw-dropping:

Darius

Hi

Gremln models (of Yugoslavia) makes a range of 1:72 resin Cessna kits, including the Caravan, according to an on-line 1:72 kit listing Definitive 1:72 kit census:-

Cessna 335 Gremlin 7209

Cessna 340 Gremlin 7210

Cessna 401 Gremlin 7211

Cessna 402B Gremlin 7213

Cessna 404 Titan Gremlin 7205

Cessna 406 Caravan Gremlin 7208

Cessna 411 Gremlin 7212

Cessna 414 Chancellor Gremlin 7206

Cessna 421 Golden Eagle Gremlin 7207

Cessna 425 Corsair Gremlin 7203

Cessna 441 Conquest Gremlin 720

Gremlin do not seem to have a website but they have an e-mail address: gremlinmodels@beotel.yu

I also recall regularly seeing an advert for a US shop that sold their kits in the back pages of FSM.

Remembered - they are called J-Bar Hobbies: J-Bar Hobbies - Cessna Caravan

:)

Darius

That is the 406 Twin Caravan. The one in question is a single engined model, the 208.

My apologies

I guess I missed that in my endeavours to be helpful.

I will try and be less helpful in the future.

Cheers

Darius

No, no, no! Your help was greatly appreciated!! I have been looking for these kits stateside and had never come across them!!!

Thank you!

If you feel like scratchbuilding (or detailing if a kit ever eventuates) and want any pictures, drop me a line, Caravans are my bread and butter.

Here's the latest to come out of the workshop. Converted from Cargomaster to Caravan, new interior new engine and C of A:

DSC01389.jpg

Denzil

If you feel like scratchbuilding (or detailing if a kit ever eventuates) and want any pictures, drop me a line, Caravans are my bread and butter.

Here's the latest to come out of the workshop. Converted from Cargomaster to Caravan, new interior new engine and C of A:

DSC01389.jpg

Denzil

Or how's this beauty from Loch Lomond Sea Planes?

IMG_00521small-3.jpg

Regards

Reggie

• 4 months later...

:rolleyes:, There's always this one;

IMG_1570.jpg

I shot this Caravan Floatplane at Cessnock Airport in the Hunter Valley.

And little brother

CatalinaFestival2008142.jpg

I shot this 180 Floatplane at last years Catalina Festival at the former RAAF flying boat base at Rathmines on Lake Macquarie. These two were built about 50 years apart, the 180 in 1954 and the Caravan in about 2004.

:rofl:,

Ross.

Edited for typo.

Edited by ross blackford
  • 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Wow, this thread is old... and I didn't realize it's been this long since I started on the 208B...

I did manage to complete scratch building the amphibian conversion for the Cessna 208A and 208B last year 🙂

Getting the shape right on the floats was quite tricky.

Here's some pics of the progress to the final set.

HKjtLj.jpg

jQgtOx.jpg

UlfNho.jpg

t3pbh5.jpg

kv7myI.jpg

iv0tqr.jpg

aLGv1n.jpg

Cheers,

John

Given how many thousands of Grand Caravans have been built, and are in service all over the world, it seems like a good candidate for a short run injection molded kit.  I've flown them in several places in the Third World over the past 20 years.

Sleepy, I agree with you, but the plea has been out there for decades, but no joy. That's why I took the opportunity to do something about it with the 208a, 208b, AC208b and now the Amphibian conversion in 1/72 scale. A resin kit is all I can offer.