Wow, what a good looking formation! I did not know they had so many Sabres made up in the Golden Hawk scheme, I thought just one. Well, they should go around and do an entire show with those six Sabres like the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels. :rolleyes:

Get yourself a time machine--set it for 1959 and you may see that happen :monkeydance:

Tony

Wow, what a good looking formation! I did not know they had so many Sabres made up in the Golden Hawk scheme, I thought just one. Well, they should go around and do an entire show with those six Sabres like the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels. :bandhead2:

the Golden Hawks were a RCAF display team that was formed in 1959 for the 50th Anniversary of powered flight in Canada. they continued to fly as a team until 1965.

The current Golden Hawk(civ. reg. C-GSBR) was purchased by Vintage Wings of Canada in 2007 and painted as one for the Golden Hawk for the 2009 airshow season(100th anniversary of Canadian powered flight) The aircraft continues to fly today to airshows across Canada as well as a few US destinations.

Sean

Get yourself a time machine--set it for 1959 and you may see that happen ;)

Tony

I just came back from a bookstore and checked out the Combat Legends: F-86 book. Saw that same formation pic in it. ;)

the Golden Hawks were a RCAF display team that was formed in 1959 for the 50th Anniversary of powered flight in Canada. they continued to fly as a team until 1965.

The current Golden Hawk(civ. reg. C-GSBR) was purchased by Vintage Wings of Canada in 2007 and painted as one for the Golden Hawk for the 2009 airshow season(100th anniversary of Canadian powered flight) The aircraft continues to fly today to airshows across Canada as well as a few US destinations.

Sean

Thanks for the interesting information Sean.

Sean

Sean, the Golden Hawks program was cancelled in February of 1964-----'63 was their last season.

Tony

Sean

Sean,

That tour you gave me of the hangar still gives me goose bumps. It sure was nice to see SBR up close and personal. I've got the Kinetics 1/32 Golden Hawk Sabre sitting and waiting, going to go with an original bird though as a subject.

Anyone got any good shots of the other Canadian Sabre display team? Skylancers? Their bright red paint overtop of the camo scheme sure made them an interesting display team!

Cheers!

Mark.

Richter:

Send me your email addy and I'll send you an email attachment. It is a pretty "large" photo.

Alvin5182

I used to have a 4ft by 5ft copy of this photo in black and white mounted on masonite. First wife "destroyed same"!

• 1 month later...
http://picasaweb.google.com/emconn13/F86Sabre#

This link will take you to a bunch of Canadair Sabre shots I have acquired over the years.

Note photo #17 has the BR code of 434 Sqn. but the checkerboard tail of 441 Sqn.

Photo # 46 is St. Huberts not Chatham,photo # 60 is Chatham in front of # 3 hangar.

Photos #s 26,48,49,52,54 & 55 are Hawk One.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote name='Flankerman' date='Jan 10 2011, 10:34 PM' post='2128827']

Pakistani Air Force F-86 - donated to the Chinese Aviation Museum at Xiaotangshan.....

day02_015.jpg

Ken

Ken..

Nice photo ..BUT

I especially loved the link you posted....Some really AMAZING aircrafts and the MiG valley is AWESOME...

and you don't look bad either ...

The walk On the GREAT WALL of CHINA looks good and you did WELL.. :explode:

Thank you for posting the photos..

:)

HOLMES :rolleyes: :wub:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its so they could be found if they went down in the snow. Most RCAF aircraft in the 50-60's had orange panels of some type, and large number of Alaskan based USAF aircraft had them also. First time I have seen the all orange sabre tho.

Sean

• 10 months later...