I finally finished up building all 6 manufacturer's 1/48 scale Tomcats. All are Alphas and all have variations of VF-1 Wolfpack markings. I only have a single picture of each for now, but you get the idea. I built them as OOB as I could, although I did add a couple things here and there. Eventually I'll send an article to Steve B. that goes through the pros and cons of each kit and gives different areas a grade. I've posted them in order of the era the markings were applied.

Hasegawa

hasegawa1.JPG

Revell

revell1.JPG

Fujimi

fujimi1.JPG

Monogram

monogram1.JPG

Italeri

italeri1.JPG

Academy

academy1.JPG

Edited by Darren Roberts
Hasegawa

hasegawa1.JPG

I remember a picture of a VF-1 Tomcat was the first scheme i had ever seen on a Tomcat. Always been my favorite "Old School" scheme. Wish they would do these in 1/32. Great builds!! :)

Don

I remember a picture of a VF-1 Tomcat was the first scheme i had ever seen on a Tomcat. Always been my favorite "Old School" scheme. Wish they would do these in 1/32. Great builds!! :jaw-dropping:

Don

Same here. A mate of mine started a 1/72nd scale Airfix Tomcat many moons ago so this is the iconic old school Tom' for me too.

Of all of these builds, the Hasegawa version really stands out.

Nice job Darren. ;)

:coolio:

I remember a picture of a VF-1 Tomcat was the first scheme i had ever seen on a Tomcat. Always been my favorite "Old School" scheme. Wish they would do these in 1/32. Great builds!! :woot.gif:

Don

Don,

They did do that scheme in 1/32. Revell's original boxing if their 1/32 kit came with the original style VF-1 decals. I believe one of the aftermarket (Super or Microscale come to mind, maybe CAMS) did them as well.

Mark

that is amazing!!! why not a side by side shot of all 6?

i'll be doing one, but my 6 will be hasegawa, italeri, monogram, fujimi, academy and Hobbyboss... already got 2 of them done...

great job!

- kevin

i'll be doing one, but my 6 will be hasegawa, italeri, monogram, fujimi, academy and Hobbyboss... already got 2 of them done...

great job!

- kevin

And just have to wait for one to come out. :monkeydance: Cannot wait to see that kit!

great job!

- kevin

Hobbyboss 1/48 F-14????? really??? when???? :rolleyes:

oohhh and all of those 6 tomcats are great!! really :salute:

Edited by joscasle