Jolly Rogers F/A-18F First combat Cruise

Since I am a young member to this forum I have to listen to the "Olders". Pete advised me to post my "works" here.

The following diorama is one of my favourites. It won the first prize in the local modelling competition in the aircraft dioramas class. Everything is scrachbuilt, exept the aircraft. It took me about six months to finish.....but I am a slow builder anyway. So here we go....

th_PA260301.jpg

th_PA260300.jpg

th_DSC02463.jpg

th_DSC02466.jpg

I have to admit that I am really overwelmed by the interest you gave to my work. For all your questions to be answered there will be a full article posted on the home page of ARC.

Yes my friend it's Fightertown decals and it would be a privilage for me to let you use the photos .

One question for all you out there. Already this is my second aircraft carrier diorama and a third one is "coming out" soon. My greatest problem is that I can not find the dimensions needed. What I want to say is that everything you see is empirical and not entirly accurate. Where do you think is the best place for this kind of information?

Zark,

There is a thread in the diorama section where someone has uploaded a print of a carrier section meant as a simple "print and paste" for a base for modern jets. I seem to remember that if you print it out on A3 paper, its sized to 1/48. I bet if you can print that out, you can use it as a template for your dio bases. I'm not sure about the blast shield though. But for all intents and purposes, the shield looks pretty good in the proportions you've put.

Zark,

Outstanding work! As others have said, your dio is similiar to an idea I have wanted to build for years. Definately inspires me. And it only took you six months. It would take me six years - at least.

I looked at the other pictures you've got on your photobucket site. All very impressive man! Keep up the good work.

Mark

Okay, so that is an outstanding diorama you've got linked here, but while I was looking that the larger images you linked I couldn't help but notice your in-service A-12 diorama a few pictures later. Dude, you've got to give us some details on that bad boy, it looks awesome! Maybe you could post it in another thread here?

Thanks GOBLUE96 for your comments. I am prommising you that sooner or later I will manage to take some more pictures of the A-12. Unfortunatelly my photografy skills have nothing in common with my modelling skills so I am waiting for some help from friends.

My hat's off to you sir!!...that dio looks as if you cut a section of flight deck right out of a serving line Carrier and shrunk it down. An excellent job on all pieces involved :cheers: .

ADDED: I've seen a lot of dioramas, none that I can honestly say top yours or your ability to do them, I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I haven't seen them.

Edited by Angels49