Zactomodels temporarily closed

My air compressor just took a dump so I won't be able to cast parts for a couple of weeks until I get parts and rebuild it.

It snapped a piston connecting rod in half and did a real number on the piston sleeve... It was loud!

I'll be replacing both piston assemblies which will hopefully make it faster and quieter.

It's not very pleasant having a 6hp 60 gallon compressor in my basement right below my bedroom!

This is bad timing as I was just preparing to release some really nice 1/32 AA-8 Aphid missiles mastered by Alexander Rogal (Eastern here at ARC!). (I do have 8 pair in stock, See this thread)

I was also almost ready to release wheels for the 1/32 MiG-29...

I do have several sets of each of my previous products in stock so will continue accepting orders. As I run out of stock I will update my website.

I currently have in stock:

4 3 - MiG-29A corrections

3 1 - MiG-29 Exhausts

3 - A-7 Combos 0

4 3 - SU-27 Combos

Lots of Su-27 Canopies

8 6 - F-100 intakes

I also happen to have all versions of my Su-27 prints in both 24" and 36" in stock so there is no delay if you order those.

:)

Edited by Zactoman

Update on quantities in stock:

A-7s are gone...

I currently have in stock:

3 - MiG-29A corrections

1 - MiG-29 Exhausts

0 - A-7 Combos

3 - SU-27 Combos

Lots of Su-27 Canopies

6 - F-100 intakes

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo!!!

I'm back! :wub:

I got the parts and rebuilt my air compressor.

It's soo much quieter than before (but still loud) and it seems to fill much quicker! The piston that failed didn't have a ring on it and it looks like the rod may have been broken for a long time, the break looks weathered and old. I'm thinking that it might have previously broken and the piston finally fell from its' sleeve and jammed everything up. I went ahead and rebuilt both cylinders while I was at it.

So Zactomodels is back to full production.

I have one A-7 order to fill and I'm all caught up. Sorry for those that ordered and experienced some delay. I'll be back to my normal shipping on the same or next day.

I'll be releasing the AA-8 Aphid missiles and MiG-29 wheels (for the Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29) this weekend.

I took advantage of the down time and started some 1/32 Sorbitsya pods for the Su-27. They will be ready for release soon.

The Su-27 early tail stinger is on temporary hold until I can get some custom photo-etch made for the chaff dispensers.

I contacted a friend who will be sending me some material to make the Su-27UB vacuumform canopy pattern too.

Alexander is making great progress on the Alamo missiles and I'm hoping they will be ready for release soon as well...

Mark Kissel is still working on the MiG cockpit. I'm looking forward to updates from him soon. The detail work he does is pretty amazing...

I'll be moving on to the gear wells for the Revell MiG in the coming days and eventually getting back to the Fulcrum C conversion too.

Lots of stuff in the works!

Thanks for all the support guys!

:wub: Chris

I took advantage of the down time and started some 1/32 Sorbitsya pods for the Su-27. They will be ready for release soon.

The Su-27 early tail stinger is on temporary hold until I can get some custom photo-etch made for the chaff dispensers.

I contacted a friend who will be sending me some material to make the Su-27UB vacuumform canopy pattern too.

Alexander is making great progress on the Alamo missiles and I'm hoping they will be ready for release soon as well...

Glad to see you back in business, Chris.

Not sure if you've answered it already, but will those Alamo missles work on the Flanker?

As for the UB vac canopy, definitely sign me up for a copy.

Cheers,

Terry

When do you think you will have more A-7 combos?
Hi Flush,

I'll be casting more parts tomorrow. I should be able to ship new orders on Friday or Saturday. By next week I'll be back to same or next day shipping.

:(

Hi Flush,

I'll be casting more parts tomorrow. I should be able to ship new orders on Friday or Saturday. By next week I'll be back to same or next day shipping.

:woot.gif:

Thanks Zactoman. I'll be placing my order this weekend then. Thanks for all the great work!!!!!