Ohhhhh Ben, I'll watch this with great interest...I really like the Alpha jet and hope you'll post more pics than usual so that we can see how you'll fix all the stuff of this pretty crappy kit!!!!!

keep us updated dude....

BTW, the scheme is gonna be gorgeous!

Cheers and...good work!!!

:banana:

LOL...dude....c'mon, already givin it up?!?!:thumbsup:

Well, I can feel your pain...when a kit's not fitting is terrible so you must enjoy your hobby first, instead of getting crazy with it!!!

Cheers man, it's gonna be awesome anyway!

:coolio:

Ohhh, how I pitty You !!!

Worste fitting kit ever...?

Call it whatever You want, but don't call this a "kit" !!!!!

I'll just rush over to my whisky-cabinet, hopefully to forget my horrible nightmare's !!!

Whishing You the very, very, very best of luck on this one !!!

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I have to report that this kit has been sent to the 1:48 AMARC, there was just too many things wrong with this "thing" ... everything is wrong. The landing gear was the last straw ..

I have to report that this kit has been sent to the 1:48 AMARC, there was just too many things wrong with this "thing" ... everything is wrong. The landing gear was the last straw ..

It looks like an Alpha Jet, Benner. Keep on it! By the way, is there a Benner Fan Club? :)

My respect Benner. I have the same kit and I've just dared to open the box to browse at its content but no hand of mine ever touched those...parts. It's more that a simple challenge. It's like suicidal to me... But your work is helping. Truly revealling, as it proofs that damned kit can be tamed...

Keep up the good work amigo!

Azor

that a simple challenge. It's like suicidal to me... But your work is helping. Truly revealling, as it proofs that damned kit can be tamed...

... umm, proof that it can be tamed? I basically said I gave up :woot.gif:

• 7 months later...
... umm, proof that it can be tamed? I basically said I gave up :)

Hey Ben,

I saw the Alpha Jets (and Mirage 2000s) fly by (Islamic weekend) while in Doha last Thursday. The pilots were practicing their routine for Qatar's National Day (tomorrow) flypast.

We are waiting for your Alpha Jet to take off:D:

Cheers,

Giles

We are waiting for your Alpha Jet to take off:D:

My Alpha Jet will never take off ... it's still in my 1:48 AMARG awaiting disposal for parts :)

Dont lose hope.. BTW I am sure I saw in a Scale Aircraft Modling mag a coupke of months ago that a new 1:48 Alpha jet is on the way next yet :P

hmm... do you mean the 1:48 Alpha Jet from PJ Productions? http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/reviews/kit...previewbg_1.htm

Unless it's a new better injection kit, I won't bother building a Qatari Alpha for my Desert Storm collection. Until then, I have this Mirage F1 to represent Qatar.

Picture251.jpg

I have the old ESCI Alpha in the stash - half started and tossed back in the box. One of the worst, to be sure.

Your completion of it will inspire me.

PS - The new PJ productions resin Alpha looks to be a bed of trouble all its own. In it's favor is that many of the more troublesome parts of the ESCI kit look to be molded on with the PJ kit. SO far, it seems, the score is with the Alphas:

Troublesome Alpha kits 2, Modelers 0

Edited by dahut