Your favorite Mom'n Pop Hobby Shop

there is a good on in North Shields (UK) on Bedford Street... great range of Academy kits, Revell, some Trump.... lots of tools etc (it is also an RC Boat shop and small DIY section... see myself spending money in there as the prices are resonable..... (and its 10 min form work so lunchtime dash is more than possible!!!!!!)

There are an astonishing number of model and hobby shops within a short distance (1/2 hour drive one way) of my home.

I live in the south west corner of Connecticut, USA.

I just went to www.Yellowpages.com and looked up hobby shops and I could not believe how many exist.

Granted they have their specialties, and some are more like craft shops. But there are many model shops. Within a five minute drive from me are two stores. One has a good selection of plastic airplanes, tanks, autos and ship kits. Two miles beyond him is a hobby shop that specializes in Radio Control flying models. The owners of both shops will be glad to order anything you need if they do not have it in stock.

As far as I am concerned, the Local Hobby Shop is very far from being extinct.

Stephen

Since I used to live in Tulsa, my vote goes to Top Shelf Models.

Royal always had a great selection and I was in there once a week.

No good hobby shops within 2 hours of me now.....I'm going through withdrawals.

JED

• 4 weeks later...
Avenel Hobbies in Iselin NJ. It also is an old time small hobby shop

Got to second this as their selection is huge and they are very helpful. Guy actually talked me out of buying aftermarket tracks for a M-108/109. They are right off of Rt-1/9 on Rt-35.

eh ya' WUSS. We drive up from friggin' Rochester to hit Emil's shop! more like a 90 minute drive if no traffic!

Discount Hobbies in Tacoma is pretty good too, but nothing beats Emil's Skyway. Except when we only want to drive an hour instead of two... LOL I can't recall a time we have walked out of Skyway having NOT gotten a great deal. Skyway rocks.

yeah, but I gotta navigate the 405 S-Curves coming from the north. All those California transplants going through Newcastle....Those people don't know how to drive to save their lives!

• 2 weeks later...