Revell 1/72 F-14A Su-22 Killer

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Decals are done. along with the gear and doors. I'm gonna put another coat of gloss on it today and then finish off with a flat coat. I'll also be starting on the ordinance today. Here's a few pics of the progress.

The whole thing

000_0044.jpg

The rear end. Those tails look mighty fine!

000_0046.jpg

Gear and gear doors. Not too bad. Could be better.

000_0047.jpg

Thanks

Steve

Looking good Steve. I looks like a real nice effort with great results. All I would do is make sure you get the nav/position lights painted.

They are painted, but you can barely see that GLOW IN THE DARK paint. hahaha! I stole that idea. It works ok I guess.

Looking good Steve. I looks like a real nice effort with great results. All I would do is make sure you get the nav/position lights painted.

Maybe I was a bit confusing. I was not refering to the slime lights. I was talking about the the wing and tail lights. Also, the lights on the sides next to the walkways, top and bottom. Hope that clarifies it.

Are you painting walkways??

You also forgot to paint the bare metal section infront of the cannon opening, oh and the intakes have a lip in the lower section of them that is also natural metal. (Or titanium?? dunno but it looks like metal)

No walkways on this bird. Gun panel yet to be painted(forgot thanks you for that reminder) Intake lip is painted Testors Silver. Almost there. Got the white sprayed on the Pheonix and sidewinders. Next post will be the finished model!

Thanks

Steve

Edited by S.C.Williams

Alright guys (and girls) this bird is finished. I've been building models since I was 6 or 7 years old. I stopped for a while then came back into the hobby late 2007. I think my modelling skills have gotten better with each model I've built. If you look here ( My first F-14 ) and then look at this build you would probably agree. I thank everyone here at ARC for all the fantastic information they have brought to this great hobby. Now then, on to the pics. More will be put into CC.

100_3074.jpg

100_3079.jpg

100_3076.jpg

100_3084.jpg

100_3081.jpg

Thanks

Steve

• 2 weeks later...