very cool Steven, and great work on the kit and the photos with text and arrows helping to understand

Seconded, as you can you see this is a popular idea (only helped by your cool profile) This will serve as a guide for a lot of folks making USN/USMC Flankers. Great Start!

This is going to be worth the price of admission....Keep it going. You are a Master Modeler. BTW is there anything that the "Jolly Rogers" don't fly next they'll be flying Chengdu J-10's :) with the Bones displayed prominently on the vertical.

Edited by Angels49

Cool to see this - and motivating too - I've been building up the makings for a similar project ever since that old Flight International article was published. Have a Su-27UB set aside with a bunch of stuff from the spares box, a late style F-18F cockpit, NACES seats, same GE 110 burner cans, new missile rails for the pylons, etc. etc. etc.

Someday I'll get 'round to it!

this is the kind of building that I for sure will be ticked to.

Now, I have a Question: where did you get the cannards?

He's one of the lucky few who possess a (now long OOP) SOL resin conversion and the stones to make recasts of it.

He's one of the lucky few who possess a (now long OOP) SOL resin conversion and the stones to make recasts of it.

He doesn't need "the stones"...he owns the kit and can make copies of parts for his own personal use. Nothing wrong with that, but like he said, he will not make copies for anyone else or sell the copies he has. Get over it, or create a new one and sell it. Seems to be a market for it, as much complaining as I hear from you guys.

Now back to our regularly scheduled kick-a** WhIf build thread...

Edited by thetoe17
He doesn't need "the stones"...he owns the kit and can make copies of parts for his own personal use. Nothing wrong with that, but like he said, he will not make copies for anyone else or sell the copies he has. Get over it, or create a new one and sell it. Seems to be a market for it, as much complaining as I hear from you guys.

Now back to our regularly scheduled kick-a** WhIf build thread...

I meant he's willing to risk damaging the original...I didn't imply any malice on his part.

• 1 month later...

Well, I got good news and bad news. First the bad news, I have stoped working on this project(USN Su-27UB). Lost all inspiration what so ever. I will come back to it later but not now. And the good news, my inspiration got shifted to something else. :thumbsup:

E-3linedrawing.jpg

I will start a new thread when I make some head way on the new project.

Until later,

Steven L :)