J2M3 Raiden "Jack" - Little Diorama -1/144

I did a couple of small dioramas in 1/144 when I was in high school, although nowhere near as nice as these. In order to protect the model and base from getting dusty or destroyed, I built them on the lids of baseball card protectors, and then slid the body of protector on to the lid, creating a nice little acrylic display case. Here is what I used:Pro Mold trading card case

Jason

Thanks Guys !

Is good to know that my work is good :woot.gif: :lol:

Jack-Swiss, I made the Palm tree by these way:

I use Piano wire 1/16" and Tamiya masking tape to make the the trunk.

DSC00564.jpg

DSC00565.jpg

So with Tamiya XF-52 and a weathering the result was this:

DSC00570.jpg

The leafs I did with Vellon paper, here in Brazil we call it Papel Vegetal, it was used to thechnical drawings.

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

The tips of the trunks I did with epoxy mass and the coconuts too

DSC00577.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lucas,

Awesome work! I like 1/144th myself and appreciate the work you did on the Raiden. I'm bookmarking this page for the trees as well. Awesome.

Two points if suggestion: The sand really looks out of scale. In this scale I would probably use plaster since the grain would be near invisible. At least I would use something finer like popcorn salt. Second, from a diorama point of view, the canopy being closed with no pilot I can see (or is there one in there?) puts a plot hole in the story. If he bailed, the canopy would be open or gone.

I have a Sweet P-51B that is nearly finished with a scratchbuilt cockpit, cut away flaps, and a pilot to go alongside. I just have to vacuform another canopy (the first failed) to pose open. Now you have me thinking I want to get a little more involved than just standing on a tarmac with a pilot after seeing your work!

Edited by scifi58
  • 2 months later...
Lucas,

Awesome work! I like 1/144th myself and appreciate the work you did on the Raiden. I'm bookmarking this page for the trees as well. Awesome.

Two points if suggestion: The sand really looks out of scale. In this scale I would probably use plaster since the grain would be near invisible. At least I would use something finer like popcorn salt. Second, from a diorama point of view, the canopy being closed with no pilot I can see (or is there one in there?) puts a plot hole in the story. If he bailed, the canopy would be open or gone.

I have a Sweet P-51B that is nearly finished with a scratchbuilt cockpit, cut away flaps, and a pilot to go alongside. I just have to vacuform another canopy (the first failed) to pose open. Now you have me thinking I want to get a little more involved than just standing on a tarmac with a pilot after seeing your work!

Thanks !

I try to make the sand on the scale, I use to it a paint filter, that make small grains, like salt.. but.. it was the too small that I can do.. :thumbsup:

About the pilot, it is there ! The dio history is a belly landing and the pilot don´t go out....

thanks to all ! :jaw-dropping::D