hi guy's since im waithing to finish up my F4 i decided to stat my F8F bearcat

just started the basic painting and cleaning of some parts

p1010411l.jpg

p1010413jau.jpg

p1010412b.jpg

im also still actively looking for a wingfold kit. LoneStar sharges too much to ship to canada

cheers

Neo :woot.gif:

Edited by Neo

Hey guys

BTW i really need your help.. i need to find a wing fold kit for my bearcat (actually 2 ) at a reasonable price... I saw the lone star 1 but there charging 20$ of shipping to canada its ridiculous

anybody know a different reseller for lone star of another manifacturer that makes the wingfold kit??

cheers

Neo :D

Lookin good so far! :salute:

Just a quick note...the Bearcat is the F8F. The F9F is the Panther. (the jets in The Bridges at Toko-Ri)

:cheers:

HAHA yeah i know its a F8F but for some unknown reason i just seem to be always writing F9F :doh: ... i think it because im doing major research for a 1/48 F9F-8 cougar

thanks for the comment ;)

Neo

BTW is there a way to change the name of the thread ??

Hi julien

I will be using the decal that came with the kit. the Academy "French air force" has blue angels decals and the seem pretty decent.

thanks for the modification of the tread name

Just got home from work so im gona get some work done

cheers

heres some updates

ive decided to have some fun with the engine. using some small cable im adding details

p1010436m.jpg

here is the cockpit inside the plane. ive actually put the fuselage together

p1010423i.jpg

cheers

neo :salut:

• 2 weeks later...

here is an update on my build

finish the engine detaling with the cooper wire and after little putty and primer this is the first coat of blue

p1010447h.jpg

i broke the propeller shaft so i have to drill my prop and come up with a solution :jaw-dropping:

Cheers

Neo :worship:

• 4 weeks later...

here we are .. 3 coats of paint later ..

and also my first use of Bare Metal foil. Im pretty impressed how easy that stuff is to use.. im also going to cover the leading edge with BMF

p1010469.jpg

only thing i just realized is that the clear part that go into the wing (4 of them) are totally crappy they don't even come close to fill the hole so im filling the holes in the wing with many many thin coats of window maker ....

more updates soon

Cheers

Neo

Evening

So i wasnt satisfied with the finish of my last coat of paint... :cheers: what happends when that is the case ??!! You wet sand the hole thing with 600grid paper and redo the final coat!!!

here is a pic!!

p1010471ieq.jpg

ill be re coating it ...well right now

cheers

Neo :salut:

Neo,

If it doesn't work out the second time, can I make a recommendation? If you can, thin your paints even more than you do already, and then get a whacking great wide brush to apply with. Worth spending a few of whatever your local currency is on a decent brush if you're going to be doing things by hand, too. Something soft. I used to brush paint everything, and only switched to airbrushing about nine months ago when it became affordable.

Cheers,

Tom

thanks for the advise thom but i do have really nice paint brushes to work with but i don't use my very wide 1 i prefer my medium angled brush(15$ CAD) works magic.

but the real reason i had to sand it was cuz i was sloppy when i applied the primer and i use a cheap brush cuz i find primer damages my nice brushes. next time i will sand the primer before coating it

the paint is now almost done only have to pait the underside of the wings tonight(making sure the rest is dried completely)

cheers

Neo

Here a quick update!

i installed the exhaust and put Bare metal foil on the leading edge and added the landing light. will be doing the clear coat tonight or tomorrow

p1010473c.jpg

p1010475f.jpg

the landing gear is also almost done needs also clear coating

Cheers

Neo

• 2 weeks later...

A little update.

Gloss coat is now done waiting for it to dry 48hours then its on for the decals... will post some pics soon.

Cheers

Neo

As promised here are some pics of the decal progress 100% done!!

the academy decals are really thin but amazingly strong im pretty happy with the result

p1010476e.jpg

p1010479m.jpg

p1010477r.jpg

Now just have to had a gloss coat, some weathering, install the gear & prop and shes all done

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Hey guys i just had a little accident ...

Preparing for my clear coat i normally clean my model with rubbing alchool to remove dust & fingerprints I keep it in an identical pot as my gloss coat except for marking on the lid.. :doh:

and guess wht i tought i was putting on alchool and when i started to whipe it down i realised it was GLOSS COAT :salute: !!!! HAAAA what a mess i think i managed to save it but i can see lost of dust in my clear. hope its gona come out ok :pray:

cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

TADA !! shes all done. from close you can see that the gloss is a little messy from my accident (the under of the wings) but im pretty glad with the result

here she is #2 F8F-1 Bearcat the second plane the blue's flew from 1946 to 1949

p1010491ene.jpg

p1010489p.jpg

p1010488.jpg

p1010484r.jpg

p1010483a.jpg

p1010480w.jpg

this is one of the reference pic is used.(i wish i would have been able to do the wing fold)

Enjoy

im going to take better pic over the week end (i didnt clean it and its full of dust and finger prints)

Cheers

Neo :thumbsup:

Edited by Neo
  • 9 months later...