Hi all.

Just found some very interesting pics in this blog showing what looks to be a brace of 'faker' Eagles from 2WG/Chitose AB.

Unfortunately, size is rather small, but markings on 201SQ 880 and 203SQ 843 are clearly visible.

So maybe this year's exercise is scheduled for May?

^_^

Edited by tengu
very interesting.

Tengu, do you know why there wasn't one held last year?

Apparently because of the SDF Air Review hosted by Hyakuri AB in October 2008.

BTW, a new 'faker' from 203SQ has just been noted (F-15J 867, black) so it looks the Senkyo is coming after all ;) :yahoo:

:salute:

Edited by tengu
Nice find Tengu - but how on Earth do you save those pics????

I'm using Mozilla Firefox, and is easy enough. Just open the pic, click mouse right button and 'save image as'.

If you're using Explorer, click the pic, then with the right button go to its 'properties' , copy/paste its URL on a new browser, and then save it just like other pics.

Hope it works

:salute:

Edited by tengu
Nice find Tengu as usual ! Love the "russian style" numbers on the 201 SQ jet !

Senkyo is coming........... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

C6

201SQ has at least one faker more, 892, painted with the same markings, but black/white instead of black/green as on 880

• 2 weeks later...

Updating the topic, here's the first faker from 306SQ (note the bird is a Kai)

First Senkyo birds from 201SQ have also been noted (Js 904 and 908 this far), looking very much like the 2006 'edition'.

But what's better, it seems that there's gonna be an 'F-2 Section' this year. Take a look at this poor pic of a 3SQ bird (that should explain the yellow markings seen on B 133 and A 540 from the outfit. I recall seeing a pic of the first on UKAR forums sometime ago...)

:)

Edited by tengu
Ooooh love those F-2s!

Eric

Fortunately, the F-2 Section will be run in Nyutabaru AB, so we'll have good 'coverage' of those markings from local spotters, not the case if it were hosted by Misawa AB :woot.gif:

Edited by tengu
Anyone know if these Eagles are considered Aggressors or just a new way to display numbers on their planes?

Eagles boasting those markings are know as 'fakers' in Japan (not officially, though). They play the role of enemy planes for the squadron while preparing the annual Senkyo exercise, so you could consider them as Aggressors, albeit some temporary ones (not all outfits have them however, and there are many, many variations on that topic -one of my favourites- :thumbsup: )

Eagles boasting those markings are know as 'fakers' in Japan (not officially, though). They play the role of enemy planes for the squadron while preparing the annual Senkyo exercise, so you could consider them as Aggressors, albeit some temporary ones (not all outfits have them however, and there are many, many variations on that topic -one of my favourites- :D )

Very interesting information. Thanks Tengu.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics here of the AWESOME scheme being worn by the F-2s of 6? Squadron. Both lo-vis and high-vis :cheers: :wacko:

http://sky.geocities.jp/breakwater_option2/09.05.18.html

http://sky.geocities.jp/breakwater_option2/09.08.20.html

2nd link also contains pictures of the 304 scheme which is a bit meh if you ask me. Any of our Japanese speakers care to translate the writing on the tail

Some pics here of the AWESOME scheme being worn by the F-2s of 6? Squadron. Both lo-vis and high-vis :cheers: :wacko:

http://sky.geocities.jp/breakwater_option2/09.05.18.html

http://sky.geocities.jp/breakwater_option2/09.08.20.html

2nd link also contains pictures of the 304 scheme which is a bit meh if you ask me. Any of our Japanese speakers care to translate the writing on the tail

Very sharp looking F-2s!

Nev, the writing on the left tail "築城†is "Tsuiki" where 304sq are based. "天狗道" on the right left tail is pronounced "Tengudou" and means way of the Tengu. The tengu are Japanese mytical creatures and used as 304sq's symbol. (the red faced man with large nose)

6WG outfits (let's hope markings will be updated):

303SQ

964 (2)

306SQ

No markings this far on 203SQ planes. Those of 305SQ (sole J 902 noted) look very much like the ones worn in 2006.

I would like to know where and when will the F-4 Section be held. I really don't understand that 'Open participation' remark on the schedule (and why 302SQ will not attend it :woot.gif: )

Edited by tengu

I am now wondering which kidney to sell to pay for the inevitable Hasegawa and/or Platz releases of all these gorgeous Senkyo schemes :thumbsup:

Tengu, THANK YOU for posting these links/pics and also thanks for the translation of the tail markings of that F-15. I was wondering what they meant :wub:

I am now wondering which kidney to sell to pay for the inevitable Hasegawa and/or Platz releases of all these gorgeous Senkyo schemes :lol:

Tengu, THANK YOU for posting these links/pics and also thanks for the translation of the tail markings of that F-15. I was wondering what they meant :coolio:

You're welcome JackMan, but some links and that translation are not mines. Thanks are deserved by both Nev and 6329tsur :thumbsup:

These are the intake markings on 305SQ birds:

musashi

BTW, third 6SQ Senkyo bird, 517, has been noted. The lady on the tail is painted in white.

Also, I know this is a little bit off-topic, but might interest someone. Here's a very interesting pic of AGR 912 (just returned from a recent overhaul -note the painted-out areas-) detached to Komatsu AB boasting an AAM-5 training round (head is visible on the inner port wing station)

Edited by tengu