A-6E Resin Cockpit

I'd look before you buy. With the dog turds they are casting these days, it might not be the same quality as when BB released it.

Cheers,

-Doug:)

I've expereienced the quality drop first hand with the True Details line from Squadron but wasn't aware of similar isses with the BB/Avionix sets since they transitioned to Squadron? Same issues or different caster?

-Cliff

Be afraid, very afraid!!

I was ripped big time over on LSP for saying anything remotely negative about BB/Avionix/Jef......

I was really commenting more on the lack of quality control on the Squadron castings.

I ordered the 1/32 F-80 set to see if I should continue with my own version.

I have seen wonderful reviews about them being flawlessly cast and highly detailed...blah blah.

The castings I received were mostly crap.

I have received a few PMs and e-mails letting me know that I wasn't the only one that received virtually worthless resin.

I have also seen photos from people that have nicely cast parts in their sets. I guess it is a chance you have to take if you want something from Squadron.

Oh yes, be careful about saying anything about the accuracy of the BB/Avionix sets.....

I learned the hard way. So, I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Nah, I will TOO say something if they aren't up to his usual work.

Cheers,

Harold

"Oh yes, be careful about saying anything about the accuracy of the BB/Avionix sets.....

I learned the hard way. So, I'll keep my opinions to myself."

...Must...keep...errors...in the BB A-6E cockpit...a secret... :jaw-dropping:

Edited by PlasticWeapons
"Oh yes, be careful about saying anything about the accuracy of the BB/Avionix sets.....

I learned the hard way. So, I'll keep my opinions to myself."

...Must...keep...errors...in the BB A-6E cockpit...a secret... :thumbsup:

Uh, yep...I won't mention the "issues" in the F-80 set either.

I don't want to upset anyone.

While not specifically about the A-6 CP, I think it may be illustrative of Squadron's decline in QA. Aren't these some pretty F4U tires?

Wheels6.jpg

Wheels4.jpg

Edited by DonSS3

Yep, exactly what I'm talking about. If have time I will post some pics of the SR-71 wheels I have. If they were made out of brown resin, I would swear they came out of...well, you know :thumbsup:

Cheers,

-Doug :cheers:

Yep, exactly what I'm talking about. If have time I will post some pics of the SR-71 wheels I have. If they were made out of brown resin, I would swear they came out of...well, you know :thumbsup:

Cheers,

-Doug :cheers:

My camera is so crappy at close ups I can't show the crappy parts in my Avionix F-80 set. If I can borrow a good camera, I will show what I have.

I paid $34.95 shipped for mostly bubbles, short shots, broken parts etc.

I know I can send it back. Squadron is good at replacing bad stuff, but....sometimes they will send another one that is basically the same as the one you sent back.

While not specifically about the A-6 CP, I think it may be illustrative of Squadron's decline in QA. Aren't these some pretty F4U tires?

Wheels6.jpg

Wheels4.jpg

Holy cow! I do all of SB's casting with no pressure pots or vacuum chambers, and I get WAY better castings than that! Yikes!!!! If I pull something like that out of the mold, it goes right in the trash can next to my workbench.

Yikes. I guess I can wait till I get to the Open House & eyeball the set myself. Good thing I've got one of the original set to get a baseline comparison. It will still be a few years before I get around to building an A-6 anyway.

Hey, I got a set of F-15C wheels from TD and they are labled as such...however, the wheels in the blisterpack look exactly like their T-33 wheels. I think they are bypassing QC all together