Here's a little story for ya.

For the last 2 years I've been working on a 5 piece 1/48 Hasegawa F-14D commision project (all in VF-31 markings) for one of my customers, and I'm literally on the last build, but I am so sick of building VF-31 D's I need a break.

Having planned a "Christine" aka Tomcatter 111 for myself, I've since decided I'd like to build a different D, but I can't make up my mind so I'm hoping you guys can help a brutha out..

Well crap...can't get the poll function to work.

Anyway, I'm stuck between these:

VF-101 Gunfighter 155

VX-9 Vandy 1

VX-30 BH 200

VX-9 Vandy 254

NAWC F-14D

Edited by VFA-103guy

Suck it up Buttercup and do Christine!!!!!!! :cheers:

But Vandy one will be different for you. No weathering. Can ya handle that? I need to do a new VF-101. Have this real sweet old decal sheet laying around. Might be a good use for..........

Suck it up Buttercup and do Christine!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

That's hilarious!! :rofl:

But Vandy one will be different for you. No weathering. Can ya handle that? I need to do a new VF-101. Have this real sweet old decal sheet laying around. Might be a good use for..........

I dunnoo...Vandy 1 is defintely a possibility. Gives me a little more free range for load outs.

254. It's just cool and different.

Or VF-24 or NSAWC 13...

-brian

Vandy 254 is defintely on the list for sure. Like Vandy 1 it gives me free range on weapons loads.

All 3 of the A's I have under construction are on the shelf, except NSAWC 13 is back on the production line.

There are so many F-14's I wanna build, I sometimes (well..most of the time) can't make up my mind which to do first..

B's are easy...A's and D's are tough for me to make decisions on.

My vote would be for VX-30 Bloodhounds 200. Gotta love the 3 headed dog tailart. Don`t really see them represented.

Don

I like the idea of them too. Lots of free range of weapons configs, the only thing I don't like is the lack of color.

Right now I'm kinda tossed up between Vandy 254 and the NAWC NF-14D..so it's narrowing down.

My vote is for Gunfighter 155.

Aaaahhh...this jet has a special place in my heart.

And here's why...

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

The flag also flew on missions with VF-103 on the last tomcat cruise. Here it is in either Victory 110 or 112, can't remeber.

Picture024.jpg

Bryan what did you decide? You can't leave us hanging on this one! C-mon bro.

Well....ended up I couldn't pick just one, so I picked 2.

Vandy 254 and of course Gunfighter 155.

The whole purpose of the deciding factor was, I have yet to have been able to build a tomcat using a complete set of markings from a VF-Decals sheet. With FT's great selection of decals as well, that only made the decision harder. Since both FT and VF did markings for Vandy 254, I compromised and decided to use markings from both sheets. There were some minor changes between the 2 sheets (some obvious, some not), needless to say both are great products.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Btw, Gunfighter 155 will be completed first.

• 3 weeks later...