great start. nice clean profile and to my eyes you have the line work just right! keep it up.

Bill

Thank you! I'm still tweaking it! I was at Korat RTAFB in 1972 when the A7s from Myrtle Beach came TDY. Gotta get a little detail in the lines.

BTW, i'm not familiar with VISIO, is that another vector art program?

i'm not a profile artist, i've never really tried one, but i tend to think there are different approaches to panel line work. some profilers (can i say that?) show every line completely and others seem to not worry so much about all of the panel lines showing up as long as the right look and feel is there. I think if i were to do a profile, i'd lean towards just making the lines look right. in my opinion, that's what makes a more realistic looking print. prints are not like models, they aren't 3-d so you can't rotate them to make panels that wouldn't stand out in one view stand out in another view. I've seem some really impressive work where the artists varied the color of the panel lines from black, to a grey to even white if the lighting called for that.

anyway, enough rambling, i haven't had much sleep lately. Great job and keep posting your progress! :cheers:

Bill

BTW, i'm not familiar with VISIO, is that another vector art program?

i'm not a profile artist, i've never really tried one, but i tend to think there are different approaches to panel line work. some profilers (can i say that?) show every line completely and others seem to not worry so much about all of the panel lines showing up as long as the right look and feel is there. I think if i were to do a profile, i'd lean towards just making the lines look right. in my opinion, that's what makes a more realistic looking print. prints are not like models, they aren't 3-d so you can't rotate them to make panels that wouldn't stand out in one view stand out in another view. I've seem some really impressive work where the artists varied the color of the panel lines from black, to a grey to even white if the lighting called for that.

anyway, enough rambling, i haven't had much sleep lately. Great job and keep posting your progress! :cheers:

Bill

Visio is a powerful poorman's Autocad. It is now a Microsoft product. I downloaded a trial version, although I have used it in the past. This is really my first attempt to do a profile of the likes I've seen here in ARC. I haven't decided how much skin detail is right for me. Sometimes less is more. I think there should be a balance and it depends on the subject artcraft. Some are just better subjects for panels and rivets. I like being subtle I guess. Thanks for commenting!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...