fire brigate hummer question

Hey all, i figured this would be the place to ask this.

i noticed the other day our local fire department has some sort of modified hummer with what looks like a small hose truck box on the back of it and i thought, hey that would be cool to try to build a model of that one day. my questions are :

no. 1 - has anyone seen such a set-up before? (i know if i had pics of it it would really help, i'll try to get some soon)

no. 2 - is it likely that it is a de-militarized real hummer or just a standard civie that's been modified?

no. 3 - (i know i said 2 questions, this is a bonus) is there a 1/24 scale military style hummer model and if not, how hard would it be to modify the civie one to look like a military one modified to a fire truck....oh man my head hurts now.

anyway, any help would be appreciated, i'll try to post some pictures of the vehicle in question, it's usually tucked away in the garage and i've never seen it on the road yet, but it looks pretty cool from what i can see.

Thanks,

Bill

edit: i found a small article on this vehicle with a few pics and found out it is in fact a modified H1, so it's not an ex-military hummer. i also found that revell made a 1/25 scale h1 but unfortunately it has big customized chrome rims so i'd have to find replacement wheels and tires for it. the body mods don't appear to be too complicated, but i'd have to get a better look to see what all is envolved. maybe this project will actually see the light of day, and maybe it will just go on the side like all the other projects i hope to do one day. anyway, thanks and for anyone interested here's a link to the site i found. http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news/modif...-out-the-flames

bill

Edited by niart17