AIM-120 ponderance

I got to thinking about the AIM-120C and it's clipped fins. Sure, the clipped fins allow internal carriage on the Raptor and the MoneyPit-II and maybe offer higher speeds/better range from reduced drag, but what of maneuvering performance? Is the amount of G/turn rate reduced because of the smaller wing area, making it an easier missile to evade?

Doubt you will get an answer to such a question from anyone who will actually know...specific weapons capabilities are closely guarded, and you're unlikely to find anyone willing to be drawn on discussing turn performance or possible evasion techniques for particular variants.

One can assume that the overall missile performance is better or equal to older variants though!

SOO Mike, what government and spy agency do you work for? Hehe, to repeat Will2K65 post, no one who has that specific knowledge would want to share it unless they are willing to spend sometime eating jailhouse food and having showers with bubba.

If the AIM-120C has you worried, the AIM-9X must really be freaking you out.

Yes, but the AIM-9X has thrust vectoring, so it makes sense to have the smaller fins.

-Hoops

Might wanna try contacting either "Wakko", "WayneS" or "Murph".

Appearently these guy's are sh*t-hot regarding BVR-tactic's etc., so I'm sure they could

answer Your question. If they're willing to is a totaly different issue, though...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

P.S.: If You're looking for some BS-explanations You can always contact me via PM.

Who know's; maybe I can shed some light on the issue...?!

I was just thinking out loud, sorry for stepping on toes.

No appologies needed as far as I'm concerned sv51macross !!!

Isn't everybody on ARC entitled to ask, state an opinion or elaborate with fellow ARC-ers on certain topic's of interrest...?!

At least I like to think so...

"Check Six....."

Spooky.