Gotta have a buddy for my Hellcat!

I got this little friend in the LHS for $10. I couldn't walk by that.

Here is GB submission #2.

P8130059.jpg

After ALOT of sanding!... here is what I have left.

P8170060.jpg

P8170061.jpg

A bit of a scribe attack and some finner grits O'sand we will have a Corsair ready for paint!

My second WWII model in years!

Curt

HA! We shall see! If I stay in the WWII area I'll have to go up a scale because these little suckers are small, and that costs some cash. I have been looking at a nice big Acad Bearcat though...... These old planes have luvely lines though. They realy do follow the motto of form following function. The planes that looked awsome were usually awsome.

Long live the WWII Carrier War Group Build!

Curt

HA! We shall see! If I stay in the WWII area I'll have to go up a scale because these little suckers are small, and that costs some cash. I have been looking at a nice big Acad Bearcat though...... These old planes have luvely lines though. They realy do follow the motto of form following function. The planes that looked awsome were usually awsome.

I got one of those through today, in Hobbycraft Vietnam colours. Believe it's quite a nice model :)

Very pretty work, sir...

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...
Masking the exhausts happened to the decals. I figured 2 coats of future would have done them some good. I was and am still upset about it. It almost looks like some sort of war weary weathering.

Curt

Well, it is a shame. But in this case you can repair it easy. You could get a new decals in the future. I have had the same problem on my old P-40...

quick question non offencive... why is the corsair canopy blacked out?? and no prop on your corsair?

BTW they both look amazing and i had to look at the pics several time to notice the broken decal on the hellcat i tought it was wethering

cheer

Neo

quick question non offencive... why is the corsair canopy blacked out?? and no prop on your corsair?

I am venturing a guess that the canopy is still masked and that it is not blacked out but just painted over the masking, and that the prop is not on because he was painting and didnt want to get blue on the prop. Just a guess.

Yup. Masked and didn't want to paint the prop. I never glue the props onto any of my models. I WILL break it! Somehow. Thanks for the comments. I think I'm just going to desplay the Hellcat with the "good" side facing out on the shelf....

Curt