?is there a Avro Shackelton kit ?

On google earth I found a few preserved Shacks in the UK, also AWE2's :)

Have a poke around Mauretania and you may find the remains of another ...

Maybe I am just too impatient as I would love to see a Shack build here.

I have to visit Newark someday. On google earth I found a few preserved Shacks in the UK, also AWE2's :)

If you do ever come over to the UK ! come at a time when Air Atlantique at Coventry is firing theirs up, its only an hours drive away from Newark :thumbsup: AWESOME

Avro Shackleton ground runs at Coventry enjoy.............

Link from 'airliners' all of shack's :wub:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.sear...16%20Shackleton

Have a poke around Mauretania and you may find the remains of another ...

Yes, Pelican 16, very sad indeed. I spent a while chatting with 'Pottie' Potgietter in December, ... he was the only on injured with a slight head wound after that aircraft crash landed in pitch black conditions. It's a miracle that they put her down in one piece.

I have 7 shacks in the 'stash'. My dad was a 35sq pilot with the SAAF and he flew on the Shack!

One day I'll get one built ....

My dad was a 35sq pilot with the SAAF and he flew on the Shack!

Ah, so he's deaf, then? My dad flew them for the RAF and he is. Eight dirty great propellers whirling away in line with the cockpit, indeed ...

There's also Welsh Models, who do a 1/144 AEW MR2; look at Hannants, under ref. WHPJW33. It's a vacform, true, but it builds up very nicely. When the Shackleton was being phased out, for the Nimrod, stickers were made available, at some airshows, which proclaimed "8 screws are better than 4 blow jobs."

Edgar

There's also Welsh Models, who do a 1/144 AEW MR2; look at Hannants, under ref. WHPJW33. It's a vacform, true, but it builds up very nicely. When the Shackleton was being phased out, for the Nimrod, stickers were made available, at some airshows, which proclaimed "8 screws are better than 4 blow jobs."

Edgar

:thumbsup::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: