FORGET CHINESE SUKHOIS!!

I don't think these are going to be flown on the warbird circuit. I'm sure they'll make an airshow appearance or two, but from what I'd heard previously through some other folks, that's not their intended function.

Edited by Waco
I don't think these are going to be flown on the warbird circuit. I'm sure they'll make an airshow appearance or two, but from what I'd heard previously through some other folks, that's not their intended function.

You're most likely right...it's just a dream :)

SLICK

Edited by slick95

That was my guess, I believe a defense contractor with tight relations with the US armed forces should be planning to use them for threat simulation. There just is no way any private individual could afford to maintain these and secure ATF approval to fly them, even if they are thoroughly demil'ed.

Yup. Had to dust off the old "favorites" list to find it:

Tactical Air Support

Now I just need to figure out how to get these guys on the schedule...

I had a feeling it might be them... I've not heard of them doing any Navy stuff on the west coast, but hopefully they will with these. That's pretty cool though.

Dave

www.TheNorthSpin.com

Dedicated to Aircraft Flight Test for the Aviation Enthusiast

:jaw-dropping: YGBSM.......Privately owned Flankers......in a far stretch I can see it, but not ol' Charlie down the street. A defense contractor with a deal to give Waco and the Raptors some different targets..OK. Now a big question for me is; who trained the pilots to fly them, or are they Russian ex-patriots, Georgians, or some of our own who managed to get Flanker qualified...I just gotta think even with a shed load or hrs in fighters you don't just kick the tires, light the fires, jump in and do aerobatics or hard combat maneuvering without some intensive indoctrination.

Added: The first one who hears of them in the Airshow circuit clue us all in...we have a right as modelers...to access strictly for modeling purposes..... :) :whistle:

Edited by Angels49

Strange.....

I still recall an analysis from an USAF-officer last year after the Indians brought their Flankers to Red Flag.

To sum up his word's: it was nothing to worry about...

Just wondering why they went through so much trouble obtaining Su-27's for adversary training purposses...

Just a couple of month's ago it was pointed out to me that BVR was "daily ops" these day's and that dog-fight's

were a thing of the past... Kinda strange that these bird's have been purchased in order to provide disimular AA-training.

Since my english isn't too good, I looked up the correct word in a dictionary:

"CONTRADICTION"

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

I see it as being prudent, not every aircraft we fly is an F-22. I'm happy to see the US military isn't drinking the Kool Aid on the "no more Dogfights ever again" we have heard a few times. By your logic we may has well rid ourselves of all aggressor and Red Flag training as well.

it was just a matter of time until the lankers where flying over the US, but you know what? it would be cool to have some decend decals of that beauty.

guys please keep us updated with some fresh fence check pics, maaaan.... Imagine the things that will be hanging from those hard points? ECM´s? data link pods.... :cheers:

I need yet another flanker now. :thumbsup: